Liberal weird Austinites banning BBQ?

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

pinoypitmaster USER_AVATAR
PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:24 am

All y’all in Austin seems like a cultural battleground vs BBQ. Hope you all continue to make sure non-Texans are not trying to change our way of life of banning the art of BBQ!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... /31333987/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by PinoyPitmaster on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Liberal weird Austinites banning BBQ?

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:28 am

"Want'n and Git'n are two separate things" in my Lone Star way of thinking :texas: :salut: :texas: :salut: :texas: :salut: :texas: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 am

Looks like this was resolved three years ago.

https://www.statesman.com/news/local/au ... VYotLMEsO/

pinoypitmaster USER_AVATAR
PinoyPitmaster
Cowboy

Postby PinoyPitmaster » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:38 am

bsooner75 wrote:Looks like this was resolved three years ago.

https://www.statesman.com/news/local/au ... VYotLMEsO/

Continues to be an issue.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... bq-tofu-at

PETA of course doesnt want us to eat meat
Cruz-“Banning BBQ is a great way to motivate voters in Texas, so I thank PETA for helping my campaign.””

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 am

Looks like two separate issues to me. The city resolved the smoke issue back in 2015. PETA is offering tofu as an option instead of BBQ (I’ll stick to brisket) and politicians are playing politics to get people worked up.

Life’s too short to get worked up over these numb skulls. Let the smoke roll and open a cold beer.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:04 am

easy on the Politics, Please :salut:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=569
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:15 am

Sorry Parts. You are correct. No Mas Politico! Thanks for keeping us in line around here

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:28 am

:salut: no harm - no foul - - just following Gator's wishes - - sometimes it can get out of hand before you know it :tup:
cliffcarter USER_AVATAR
CliffCarter
Cowboy

Postby CliffCarter » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:34 pm

So PETA= no lobster in Maine and no BBQ in Texas. Sounds like a real recipe for success, keep up the good work PETA :P
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:57 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Looks like two separate issues to me. The city resolved the smoke issue back in 2015. PETA is offering tofu as an option instead of BBQ (I’ll stick to brisket) and politicians are playing politics to get people worked up.

Life’s too short to get worked up over these numb skulls. Let the smoke roll and open a cold beer.

Sooner, the trouble is, 40 years ago or so everybody said the same thing in California. Look where we are now. :banghead:

I hear Ted Cruz speak enough to be fairly sure he's kidding with the BBQ being illegal thing. PETA and other groups trying to turn the state upside down though... Best take it seriously, without becoming as crazed as them though.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:39 am

rms827 wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:Looks like two separate issues to me. The city resolved the smoke issue back in 2015. PETA is offering tofu as an option instead of BBQ (I’ll stick to brisket) and politicians are playing politics to get people worked up.

Sooner, the trouble is, 40 years ago or so everybody said the same thing in California. Look where we are now. :banghead:

I hear Ted Cruz speak enough to be fairly sure he's kidding with the BBQ being illegal thing. PETA and other groups trying to turn the state upside down though... Best take it seriously, without becoming as crazed as them though.

We lived in CA for a year, in the late 70s. I loved it, but really wanted to go home where there are seasons and we could afford a house...but I remember CA as a wonderland of excellent restaurants and supermarkets, with astoundingly high quality and LOW prices.

Evidently, this has since changed.
Moink!
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:18 pm

Alot has changed...

Sacramento is one of the cheapest places in the state for gas,and it's $3.20 a gallon at the places that sell garbage not fit to run a lawn mower. You all have seen most of my other gripes.

13.5% state income tax, 8.5% sales tax on average, some of the highest car registration fees in the country, sales tax on used car sales, a 3.5% sales tax on home sales (they call it a reserve), roads almost as bad as Louisiana's swamp areas... REALLY want an eye opener, google or YouTube search all the filth on the streets of LA and SF. San Francisco spends $40,000 per year per homeless person and can't stop them from pooping all over the sidewalks. 16 full time employees in SF dedicated to just picking up the used drug needles in the street.

These same folks are highly annoyed that Texas thinks for itself and is a large electoral block that goes conservative. They ARE actively targeting Texas, hoping to flip it and thus pretty much lock in elections forever for the loony left.

THAT is why I harp on this lately.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.

Return to “General Discussion”