POW-MIA DAY

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

POW-MIA DAY

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:30 am

:flag: :salut: :texas: :flag: :salut: :texas: :flag: :salut: :texas: :flag: :salut: :texas: :flag: :salut: :texas: :flag: :salut: :texas: :flag: :salut: :texas:
POW-MIA.jpg
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: POW-MIA DAY

Postby Russ » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:16 pm

My grandfather served in WWII and was a p.o.w in Germany. I grew up with p.o.w Christmas parties at domains etc with sports races etc. I never knew what it meant until later in life. Utmost respect for these folks. My wife's father served as well in Egypt.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:59 pm

Thanks, Pardnah, my departed Uncle was a POW in the horrible Bataan Death March :flag: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Hats off to both those who returned home and those who didn’t. There are no words...
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:02 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Thanks, Pardnah, my departed Uncle was a POW in the horrible Bataan Death March :flag: :salut:

Last time we were in Thailand we hired a car to take us to the bridge on the river Kwai. It was really really eerie there knowing the Japanese had killed and tortured so many. I still think of this regularly, and appreciate the life given so we could be free.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:02 am

Thanks for posting this Parts. I cannot imagine what these men, women and their families went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:16 am

bsooner75 wrote:Thanks for posting this Parts. I cannot imagine what these men, women and their families went through.

Makes one count their Blessings as we sit in our recliners, sipping coffee and watching the Tube, don't it :?: :salut: :flag:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 am

OldUsedParts wrote:
bsooner75 wrote:Thanks for posting this Parts. I cannot imagine what these men, women and their families went through.

Makes one count their Blessings as we sit in our recliners, sipping coffee and watching the Tube, don't it :?: :salut: :flag:

You spying on me :)

Yes it does sir, it certainly does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:15 am

I feel utmost respect for your servicemen and those who served during the different wars. Living in a country that was occupied during WWII we are grateful for the help we got in liberating our country.

That is why I post these photos of your servicemen participating in a big NATO exercise going on in the north of Norway now.

Here US Marines are training in amphibious assault. Coming from their mothership USS San Antonio out in the fjord they are sweeping in to the beach with their LCACS. Good 50.000 soldiers are participating in the exercise. The aircraft carrier USS Harry S. Truman is also out there somewhere. This happened two days ago:ImageImage

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1

Return to “General Discussion”