Finally coming together!

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Finally coming together!

Postby Txdragon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:08 am

After signing on the new home 10 days ago, we're finally about settled in. A few odds and ends to square away, nothing troubling. However.. Our first major snag has come up. The darn evap coil for the AC needs to be replaced. Previous owner swore she had NO problems at all with the AC and I only partly believe that. I feel it wasn't run very often, nor was it kept too cold when it was. So sure, as long as you weren't asking for anything more than a 3 degree difference between outdoor/indoor temps, it's fine.. Push it any harder and it's an ice block within an hour. After exhausting my HVAC knowledge, I called the pros. Fella comes out and looks everything over and runs some tests, did some cleaning on the outside coils (I hadn't done that :( ) He noticed a few things were still not right with the pressures. Looked over a few more things then consulted with HIS boss.. Comes to me and says we have 2 options.. Oh dear... He says there is a flow restriction and we could evac the system and **try** to fix the problem, or just replace the coil entirely. About 400 bucks for a gamble or 650 for a sure thing. Guess which we picked?! Lol
Not too big a deal since this should actually be considered as an upgrade to the house; haven't really dug into that aspect of it.

I still have lots of work ahead of me with my mini barn project and at SOME point, I still need to remove and disassemble my poor dead Honda's engine. :(
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Finally coming together!

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:44 am

I can feel your pain, Chef Sir, I just recently had to have my Condenser replaced to the tune of ?are you sitting down? $7350 - - - OUCH but I knew it was coming because of the age of the Unit - - - Bride CAN NOT exist where it's Hot PERIOD. Good Luck with the Break In Period :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Finally coming together!

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 am

We had our downstairs unit replaced this summer. That was no fun.

Sucks to move into a place and have an added cost thrown at you like that. Hopefully you’ll get a break after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”