Watcha Doin This Weekend 2/08 - 2/10

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Watcha Doin This Weekend 2/08 - 2/10

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:25 pm

That time of week again people, FRIDAY! We wanna know what YOU are doin this weekend!!
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:58 pm

Well, I'm working all weekend!
I will ask for all your thoughts and good wishes. I would normally never do this, but today is my 44th birthday and it is really bothering me! My mom died at 45, and it is a big reality check for me! I'm not asking for well wishes, etc, just your advice in how you have handled birthdays and how you have resolved to live better lives! I would only ask this of my bro's and sis' of this forum, because you all have come to mean so much to me!
Laura
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
jamesb USER_AVATAR
JamesB
Retired Lawman

Postby JamesB » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:15 pm

Happy B-day copkid! I sure hope I live long enough to reach 44! :twisted:

I had planned on cooking something this weekend, but as of now, I'm booked on a flight to Toronto... I hate working weekends!

James.
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Happy Birthday!

The only one that bothered me was when I hit 30 :shock: didn't figure I would see that long anyways.

The rest, I just keep pretending I'm not getting older :D (except for this past year when I can really start to feel it :? )

This weekend...just getting ready to go on an unplanned trip next week up to IL.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
smoked USER_AVATAR
Smoked
Cowboy

Postby Smoked » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:44 pm

I will be working on my sausage smoke house.. It would be complete if the big dummies would have sent the right remote bulb thermostat...Cant use a 6 amp max stat on a 12.2 amp heating element...
Ken
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:45 pm

Happy Birthday Laura!
My dad died at age 57 when I was 19 and I planned my life accordingly having children early and so on. I retired at age 57 and will turn 62 this year and see no reason why I won't see great grandchildren.
I went to my uncle's (dad's little brother) funeral two weeks ago he was 97, WWII four bronze stars and a purple heart and smoked all his life.
So cares to the wind girl enjoy your birthday and all the rest of your time on earth and I'll save some Brussels sprouts for ya when ya get to the next stop.
Last edited by Papa Tom on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tarde venientibus ossa....
mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:54 pm

Happy B-DAY just think I only getting wiser not older
I really try not to think about it to much until my body starts telling me I cant do that any more. Like it will be doing this weekend after we go sledding :shock: if weather permits. We was suppose to go see a grill off in IL. but that got canceled :?
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:32 pm

:hb: Laura! Hope it's a great one!

this weekend it's Monster Trucks at the Sprint Center on Saturday with my 6 yr old, Saturday night is the Bud Shootout, gettin ready for DAYTONA! Sunday will be lounge/adult beverage day :D
Allie

Postby Allie » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:44 pm

Happy Birthday, Laura! No advice here, I'm about 10 years behind you and just enjoy life as much as possible.

Now to the weekend, as always, I must go grocery shopping. Sunday is supposed to be around 10 degrees so we won't be doing much outside. The main thing will be acclimating the new addition to our household.......a 2 yr old Shih Tzu we got from Les's brother and his wife.
rich777 USER_AVATAR
Rich777
Chuck Wagon

Postby Rich777 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:28 pm

Happy Birthday Laura. :wav:
Going to put out pre-emergent on the yard. And get the mower ready for the coming mowing season. :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :lame:
a stumpted toe hurts
dj USER_AVATAR
DJ
Chuck Wagon

Postby DJ » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Six straight days of snow and more again tomorrow.....what am I doin?
:( Shoveling :(
http://djstexasstylebbq.com
Caldwell, Texas Native
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:57 pm

:hb: Happy Birthday, Laura :hb:
My Dad told me this once - Yesterday is over and you can't do anything to change it and tomorrow isn't here yet so all you can do is make the most of today. It won't do you any good to worry about birthdays because you don't know how many you will have, only the man upstairs knows that answer. So be the best you can and live each day to the fullest you can. :D :D
Jim
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:02 pm

Mike, you and your family have a safe trip. :D Thoughts and prayers for your MIL. :D Oh, and pack your longjohns, my MIL said its been cold and nasty back home. :D :D

Range time and do a few things around the house. :D
Jim
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:19 pm

Laura... Happy B-Day!!! Glad that you are older than me now! :wink:

Ya know, the way I see it, age is just a number...

The only B-Days that have any meaning are 21 for obvious reasons and 50 so you can get your AARP card for the cool discounts! Just think... We are getting close to our cards! :wink: :lol:

Cheer up Laura!
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

burnt food dude USER_AVATAR
Burnt Food Dude
Bandolero

Postby Burnt Food Dude » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:07 pm

Happy birthday Laura. Only 44? In another year you'll match the caliber I carry. :lol: You got a ways you go to catch up to me :lol: .

I won't worry about birthdays for another 2 year. After that I great each one with joy and anticipation of another great year. I can't think about the next 2 years.. You know what happens to short timers when they do.

Well anyway, the Dudette and I are cooking our first comp this Sunday. We have to do chicken, ribs, pork loin, and beef brisket in one day. The temperature forecast is for 7 degrees and windy. The redeeming part of this cook is that its a qualifier for the Jack and I think the Royal also.
"All who wander are not lost.

Sometimes they just can't remember where they parked their car
."

Da Dude's new blog

Return to “General Discussion”