My Old Hands "OUCH"

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

My Old Hands "OUCH"

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:36 pm

This year will be our first Christmas with them so we decided to get our three non-biological ?almost? Great G-Babies a Safe Seesaw for ages 4-10, max seat weight capacity 75 #. I ordered it on Monday and it was on my Porch (attn: Ric) the next day in a long box with many pieces inside. Well, after pondering whether to take it to the Responsible Adults (Parents) to put together, I figgered I'd throw it together today. After 5 hrs of redrilling 90% of the holes and substituting Metal tapped screws where nothing they sent would fit, my old back and stiff hands "Got'er Done". WHEW :banghead: HO HO HO :santa:
IMG_0023.JPG
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Re: My Old Hands "OUCH"

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:51 pm

Well you beat the porch pirates. 8) looks good and no extra pieces left over? seems like I ALWAYS have extra nuts or bolts. nothing worse than finishing a project only to realize somethings missing or backwards. :banghead: tell you what after them kiddos out grow it. You have yourself the makings of a fine woodrack :idea:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:07 pm

How in the heck is one kid supposed to jump off that thing at its low point and send the other end crashing to the ground?

Wait, I think I just realized my generation killed the teeter totter :)

Way to go Parts! Spoil them! And the parents appreciate you putting it together, trust me on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:16 pm

Looks solid for the little ones Parts. Probably best if you stay off of it though.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Ric there were several flat washers and plastic thread caps left for some reason so I put all that in a zippy to go with the Seesaw . :salut:

Sooner, your Generation might have killed the teeter totter but mine had it limping when y'all took over. :laughing7:

G'Rail, I didn't ride it but I sure played with it and now the Cat hates me again :dont: - - - should be fun for the tikes. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:04 pm

The 3 most terrifying words at Christmas: " Some Assembly Required"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:19 am

Just as an example of how my Mind ?works? - - - last night and this morning I could not close my hands all the way from the seesaw exercising yesterday. Sooooo, this morning my first ?thought? was "How in the heck am I going to stir the Peanut Butter Pie Filling, if I can't hold the spatula?" :scratch: :banghead: :roll: :whiteflag:

However, I can close them now so all is good and Panic is History. :lol: :laughing7:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:26 am

I believe if you pour a beer into a cup of coffee it will relieve arthritic hands
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:08 am

You definitely have your priorities in order.

Side note - I semi agree with Rambo’s treatment. Sub bourbon for beer though if it’s in a coffee mug :)

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: My Old Hands

Postby Rambo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:20 am

bsooner75 wrote:You definitely have your priorities in order.

Side note - I semi agree with Rambo’s treatment. Sub bourbon for beer though if it’s in a coffee mug :)

I laughed
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:39 pm

BTW, the Peanut Butter Pie was no trouble and in the frig now. :tup:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:08 pm

I am living vicariously! :laughing7:
Moink!

Return to “General Discussion”