Pork side on slow TV.

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Pork side on slow TV.

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:44 am

One thing many people eat on Christmas Eve here is pork side but many people for some reason have trouble getting the skin crisp.

To help people, the state TV channel has dedicated one of it's three channels to show the progress of long time cooking a pork side in the oven. The program lasts 7 hours and the only thing it shows is live video from the oven together with Temp. Graphs. Just so folks can follow along with their own pork side!! Tax money put to practical work ( even though I could come up with a billion better ways to spend tax money).

Here is a picture approx 2.5 hours into the program.Image

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: Pork side on slow TV.

Postby Txdragon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:10 am

It may seem like a crazy way to spend tax money, but I think you may need an outside viewpoint.

Think of it like using tax money to build a public playground or park. This is actually pretty thoughtful; since it is a huge tradition to cook this cut, the state has provided a helpful how-to if so many folks have had difficulty cooking it. A gesture like this shows that somebody is listening somewhere!
(Insert witty signature here)
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 am

I understand your point of view and can agree to a certain degree. The production is probably cheaper than if they should fill up the day with different show productions. The channel has made slow TV to a trademark. They have shown live TV from an entire long train trip. The same from a ship cruising along our long coast. My main point was that this was airing at all. Don't think it's common.

For a guy that is interested in food this is better. What I think is today this information is readily available on internet or elsewhere so it should be unnecessary. There is a government payed telephone hotline you can call to get help with the side pork.

I am a bit critical because each spring we get bill from the state TV channel which we are obligated to pay as long as we have a TV. The amount is about 450 USD which much pay on top of cable TV subscriptions or whatever you choose.

Instagram: Norway_joe1
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:18 am

Joernolav wrote:I understand your point of view and can agree to a certain degree. The production is probably cheaper than if they should fill up the day with different show productions. The channel has made slow TV to a trademark. They have shown live TV from an entire long train trip. The same from a ship cruising along our long coast. My main point was that this was airing at all. Don't think it's common.

For a guy that is interested in food this is better. What I think is today this information is readily available on internet or elsewhere so it should be unnecessary. There is a government payed telephone hotline you can call to get help with the side pork.

I am a bit critical because each spring we get bill from the state TV channel which we are obligated to pay as long as we have a TV. The amount is about 450 USD which much pay on top of cable TV subscriptions or whatever you choose.

Ok. I see the ouch part to it now. Lol
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:26 am

Kinda like being a Disc Jockey for an Elevator Music Station - - - - - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :whiteflag: :D
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:55 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Kinda like being a Disc Jockey for an Elevator Music Station - - - - - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :whiteflag: :D

Hahahahahaaa!!

Return to “General Discussion”