3 down, 15 to go [emoji3][emoji173]

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

3 down, 15 to go [emoji3][emoji173]

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:07 pm

So its time to pack up the trains till next year. We promised Evan a new Train Set each year till he's 18.

Looks like pretty soon we will be putting the Christmas Tree down stairs.

Love sitting with him with the remotes chuffing smoke
P1080040~2.jpeg
P1080045~2.jpeg
P1080046~2.jpeg

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: 3 down, 15 to go [emoji3][emoji173]

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:19 pm

cool
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:43 pm

looks like so much fun!!
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 pm

Thx guys,
Its a great time to just be able to sit with him and watch his face light up. Definitely a different Lionel from when I was a kid. Lionel still makes great beautifully detailed Cast Engines, but thier Achilles is without a doubt thier coupler system.
I don't understand why such a big company cannot figure out a fix for something that is absolutely ridiculed all over the internet as thier biggest problem.
The center train is The Polar Express. The Engine weighs a Ton ! Unfortunately is going back to Lionel next week for some Soundboard issues. Other than that, the remote system is Flawless and the newest one on the outside rail ( Anhueser Bush Clydesdale ) is Bluetooth capable but the app needs updates for more phone selections.
All chuff smoke which is very lifelike.
House smells like Peppermint which is pretty kool.

Hope to have many years with my little Goombah around the Christmas Tree

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:32 am

That is fun. Trainsets can be a lifetime hobby. Playing with this is quality time for both father and son. We have a Marklin set we still take out from time to time.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:11 am

That's awesome! They look pretty realistic just from the pics.
My brother used to have the slot cars. His first track was the Tyco Turbo Hopper track. Then it became an obsession. Lol! At one point, he had enough cars to fill the big, 3-tier tackle box (similar to what paramedics used to use) and enough track to go through the house, making a trip into each room; from end to end. Lol!
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:20 am

Wow, how times flies - - - at the rate this is going, Pal, these Choo-Choos may end up with their own Room :tup: :salut: :cheers:
Thanks for sharing those with us. They bring back heart warming Memories :wav:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Joernolav wrote:That is fun. Trainsets can be a lifetime hobby. Playing with this is quality time for both father and son. We have a Marklin set we still take out from time to time.

Yeah Joe,
Even tho they are $$$ for each set, when I see the smiles and excitement it brings him and then we he says...Lets Race .....it makes the $$$ a non factor.
Memories and the moment are key here and I'm already anxious for next Christmas morning with him

We actually have a very big Train / Hobby shop near us here in Pa that carries Marklin as well. I don't know much about them, in guessing they are a German made Train ?

You might get a kick out of this place listed below. Its in Flemington Nj called Northlandz.

If you are ever en Jersey near the center of the state, go check it out. It will blow your mind !!

https://northlandz.com

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 pm

Txdragon wrote:That's awesome! They look pretty realistic just from the pics.
My brother used to have the slot cars. His first track was the Tyco Turbo Hopper track. Then it became an obsession. Lol! At one point, he had enough cars to fill the big, 3-tier tackle box (similar to what paramedics used to use) and enough track to go through the house, making a trip into each room; from end to end. Lol!
Dude, sounds like our house in the 70's

9 of us plus Mom and Dad in 1 house, Christmas was NUTS !!!

4 brothers and 4 sisters, good memories of the slot cars flying around the tracks at lightening speed. Tyco RULED back in that time.
You just took me back a bit, thank you for the rewind

woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:22 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Wow, how times flies - - - at the rate this is going, Pal, these Choo-Choos may end up with their own Room :tup: :salut: :cheers:
Thanks for sharing those with us. They bring back heart warming Memories :wav:
Tell me about it Emm...

Next year at this time he will almost be 4 !! .

As for thier own room, yup....he's already got that. Were very fortunate that when we had this house built 11 years ago we were able to have the downstairs a " finished " basement. Our original plan was to one day make it our Theatre room but time passed and the bills didn't, lol.

Then when we were Blessed with Evan, we instantly looked at each other and said "PLAYROOM" and never looked back.

Theatre room sounds great, but I'd never trade what we have for it

So after your text, i remeasured downstairs and the results are in. If we stay with the plan of 1 complete set each year till he's 18, assuming we are still living here, believe it or not they will fit on just one side of the basement with room to spare, lol.
Its funny, we've used the downstairs maybe 3 times in the first 8 years of living here.
3 parties and at one time we had 60+ family and friends down there comfortably in the winter time.
We thought the thermostats were both broken cuz it was so warm we had to open the windows.....

P1110050.jpeg
P1110051.jpeg
P1110052.jpeg
P1110053.jpeg

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:06 pm

woodenvisions wrote:
Joernolav wrote:That is fun. Trainsets can be a lifetime hobby. Playing with this is quality time for both father and son. We have a Marklin set we still take out from time to time.

Yeah Joe,
Even tho they are $$$ for each set, when I see the smiles and excitement it brings him and then we he says...Lets Race .....it makes the $$$ a non factor.
Memories and the moment are key here and I'm already anxious for next Christmas morning with him

We actually have a very big Train / Hobby shop near us here in Pa that carries Marklin as well. I don't know much about them, in guessing they are a German made Train ?

You might get a kick out of this place listed below. Its in Flemington Nj called Northlandz.

If you are ever en Jersey near the center of the state, go check it out. It will blow your mind !!

https://northlandz.com

I always says that you can't measure everything in money and what price can you put on quality of life? To see the smile of the kid and the joy playing with the family is priceless. I'm sure you will get many hours and years of fun with this.

I have been to a miniature land in Switzerland a few times. Very interesting. I definitely check your top out if I am in the vicinity. Thanks for the tip.

Instagram: Norway_joe1
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:26 am

Awwww..... :D
Moink!

Return to “General Discussion”