Crawfish

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Crawfish

Postby Williep » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:58 am

Hey "OUP", their starting to get live crawfish in at the seafood market's in Seabrook, first come, first serve, they go fast.

Pic8.jpg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Crawfish

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:21 am

Thanks for the heads up Willie, can't mess with a bag at the moment but there should be some Joints boiling them around here soon :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:41 am

My neighborhood bar just had there first one of the season this past Saturday. The place was mobbed. They did 900 lbs. Once the Super Bowl is over they do them twice a week, Tuesdays is by the pound, and Sundays is all you can eat price.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:35 am

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…

Bring on the mudbugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rexster314 USER_AVATAR
rexster314
Rustler

Postby rexster314 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:22 pm

The bugs are still pricey, we paid 5.99 pound at Boyd's yesterday, cooked. Don't know how much live bugs are. When the season gets really going, cooked can go sometimes under 2$ a pound there.
Weber EX6 Smokefire
Masterbuilt 1050 GF
Masterbuilt 560 GF
7 Foot X 20" Pipe BBQ pit with offset firebox
KitchenAid 8 burner 88,000 btu Gasser
Masterbuilt 40" Sportsman Elite gasser
2 MES 40" smokers
Vacmaster 320 Vacuum Chamber Sealer
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Crawfish is delicious. That's a lot of crawfish.

We catch them in August. We stick a bite of fish on a stick. Stick a handful of sticks to the bottom of the lake a few meter out from the land. Wading around in the water in the dark, using a flashlight to see the crawfish eating from the bate and pick them up. Serve freshly cooked with loaf, butter, aioli, dill and lemon. Aquavit to drink.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:44 pm

It all sounds too good!
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Joernolav wrote:Crawfish is delicious. That's a lot of crawfish.

We catch them in August. We stick a bite of fish on a stick. Stick a handful of sticks to the bottom of the lake a few meter out from the land. Wading around in the water in the dark, using a flashlight to see the crawfish eating from the bate and pick them up. Serve freshly cooked with loaf, butter, aioli, dill and lemon. Aquavit to drink.

Boudreaux Joe :laughing7: , what we call Mud Bug Purist here, boil them in a pot with Cajun Seasonings, corn and taters. :tup:
Then the real "kornysewers" (MOI included), take the whole crawfish in one hand and using the other they remove the tail.
Then "we" (I) run my finger into the head to scoop out the fat and suck the juices (fat and spices) from the head, then remove the top ring on the tail, squeeze tip of tail and the meat pops right into your mouth.
Depending on the seasoning (different places are different) I will also dip the tail meat in garlic butter before eating. :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:37 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Joernolav wrote:Crawfish is delicious. That's a lot of crawfish.

Amigo Joe, what we call Mud Bug Purist here, boil them in a pot with Cajun Seasonings, corn and taters. :tup:
Then the real "kornysewers" like meself, take the whole crawfish in one hand and using the other they remove the tail.
Then "we" suck the juices (fat and spices) from the head, remove the top ring on the tail, squeeze tip of tail and the meat pops right into your mouth.
Depending on the seasoning (different places are different) I will also dip the tail meat in garlic butter before eating. :dont:
Nice. We splitting them the same way. Except you're missing the most important : aquavit!! :whiteflag:

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:47 pm

No doubt but, unfortunately, those days are gone "thump thump thump thump thump thump" :laughing7:
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:05 pm

It's a big deal around here: there's 3 quality places that has them; the locations are covered up. I, personally, wouldn't eat one if my life depended on it
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:12 am

Rambo wrote:It's a big deal around here: there's 3 quality places that has them; the locations are covered up. I, personally, wouldn't eat one if my life depended on it
Don't you like them?

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:01 am

Looks like I've got a date with some Cajun Crustaceans today after the Wiffy's appt.
Seems that Wolfie's On The Lake has just what I've been waiting for - - - AaaaEeeeee I'll Garoontee :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

https://www.facebook.com/WolfiesOnLakeConroe/
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:32 am

Joernolav wrote:
Rambo wrote:It's a big deal around here: there's 3 quality places that has them; the locations are covered up. I, personally, wouldn't eat one if my life depended on it
Don't you like them?

I'll eat the tails if they're peeled and fried
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:09 am

The only bad thing about eating Crawfish properly is when the people around you get up and move to a table further away :dont: :scratch: :roll:

Return to “General Discussion”