Under the knife again..

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Re: Under the knife again..

Postby Norway Joe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:40 am

Good luck with the surgery. Hope it goes well and that you're on your feet soon.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:08 pm

Joernolav wrote:Good luck with the surgery. Hope it goes well and that you're on your feet soon.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Professor Bunky wrote:Good luck with the surgery & rehab.

Thanks. Another week to go. Trying to get everything around the house accomplished before then. Lol
(Insert witty signature here)
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:09 am

Thoughts and Prayers for you and the Missus, Chef Friend, now mind yer manners and don't over do OK :?: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:26 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Thoughts and Prayers for you and the Missus, Chef Friend, now mind yer manners and don't over do OK :?: :salut:

Thanks, pal! I try not to overdo anything but seems to never work out that way. lol! I've really gotta watch it with the stuff I've been doing as I've already been pushed a week back due to a scratch on my leg. He said we'll just switch the knee we work on first... Checked the left leg, well, it had scratches too. Lol. He then proceeded to lecture me about wearing pants whilst doing yard work and I lectured him about how I don't wear jeans. Ever. Period. Wore them on my wedding day, 4 years ago and that's all. Lol!
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:12 am

Well.. Monday be the day for knee #1. Doc's already given me the rundown on how he doesn't want me doing anything for the first few days and the absolute MINIMUM for 3 weeks. Sigh..
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:00 am

Best of Luck and Healing with this one, my Friend, just do what you're supposed to so you don't have to do it over. :salut: :flag: :texas: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:12 am

We’ll say a prayer for you. Listen to the doc and take it easy. It stinks at first but it will be better in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:04 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Best of Luck and Healing with this one, my Friend, just do what you're supposed to so you don't have to do it over. :salut: :flag: :texas: :cheers:

Unfortunately, I'll have to do it over. They won't replace them because I'm too young and they aren't "damaged enough". They are eating themselves over time and they need to be cleaned up occasionally. So until I hit the age where they say ok, or they debride all my cartilage, i get scoped as needed.. :(
dabertl USER_AVATAR
daBertl
Bandolero

Postby daBertl » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:46 am

Good luck, I tell my collegues to treat you best :D
Extra Bavaria non est vita, et si est vita, non est ita.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:49 am

Txdragon wrote:
OldUsedParts wrote:Best of Luck and Healing with this one, my Friend, just do what you're supposed to so you don't have to do it over. :salut: :flag: :texas: :cheers:

Unfortunately, I'll have to do it over. They won't replace them because I'm too young and they aren't "damaged enough". They are eating themselves over time and they need to be cleaned up occasionally. So until I hit the age where they say ok, or they debride all my cartilage, i get scoped as needed.. :(

OUCH, I have a hip socket like that but so far the Steriod Shots are working - - - fingers crossed :tup:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:15 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:
Txdragon wrote:

OUCH, I have a hip socket like that but so far the Steriod Shots are working - - - fingers crossed :tup:

Cortisone shots work for about 3 weeks on me.. Can't do em again for 90 days since it softens the cartilage. My body handles medications well.. Too well, to be honest. I've been on pain management for years now and the drugs are out of my system within 24 hours. If I don't have my pain pills, I don't even have withdrawals. It's crazy. Lol!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:02 pm

I'm pretty much that way - - - been times that Vicodin was all that would allow me to sleep when my siatic nerve blew out but when the pain quit then so did I :dont: However, the Wife is not like that so I monitor things closely there. :roll: :whiteflag:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:43 pm

Surgery went well. He's going to have to operate on this one again soon. He said my kneecap is tilted in a way that he couldn't fix at this session; he was caught off guard and wasnt prepared for something that extensive, given the xrays. I giggled a bit. Not sure if it was due to the meds or the "I told you so" factor. He will have to get a tad more invasive on that one. Follow up appt in about 8 days. Will get scheduled around then. Sigh..
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:14 pm

Treat it like that Classic Car that just needs some TLC every now and then :tup: glad the other part went as planned :salut:
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Postby Txdragon » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:58 pm

The wife is helping keep me in line with doctor's orders. Love her dearly! I'm not one to sit in one place for too long though..

20190325_212538.jpg

Return to “General Discussion”