A good night to reflect

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

A good night to reflect

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:51 pm

I'll have a drink tonight for all of you as well that are missing and thinking about someone they lost. Between the pouring rain and stumbling across this YouTube vid, things hit home real quick.
As a Son and New Dad, it really makes one think...

Never heard of these guys until tonight, but im sure we all will soon if they keep this up !!

Give your significant other ,Mom/Dad/Brother/Sister/Son/Daughter/Grand Daughter/Son an xtra hug and tell em u love em, life is too short.

https://youtu.be/pYdvxBxHX2U
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: A good night to reflect

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:06 pm

My apologies to Texas, I just read that these boys are from your great state !!
I'm guessing by now you all know of them.
Good stuff for sure
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

A good night to reflect

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:13 pm

That is a fantastic song. I’ve seen them a couple of times and they blew the roof off the joint. Unfortunately I think they split up a year or so ago but the lead singer is now doing solo.

I have those nights as well. I start thinking about those that have gone on (Dad, grandpa, uncle etc) and just need to find some good music, a seat by the pool and a nice bourbon. Might have a little more than I should but I always tend to wake up in the morning with a clear head and happy heart.

Hope the evening treats you well my friend. Memories are important but your most important memories are the ones still to be made with your son! Keep making those memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:17 pm

Lead singers name is Kevin Galloway

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:57 am

Pocono Pal, I can't tell you how much this relates to my life, especially recently when my Sons and Family were taking care of me. I also think that having been a child that was loved and taken care of gives you a "Deeper" since of exactly what's going on with you and your Son. All I can say is savor every moment, my Friend :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
twoguysbbq USER_AVATAR
TwoGuysBBQ
Outlaw

Postby TwoGuysBBQ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:06 am

Thanks WV. It’s Saturday morning and I’m sitting drinking a cup of coffee thinking about my brother. His funeral was yesterday and I’m going to miss him a lot. I wasn’t going to post anything about it on here but you post made me change my mind.
That’s a cool song.
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:16 am

TwoGuysBBQ wrote:Thanks WV. It’s Saturday morning and I’m sitting drinking a cup of coffee thinking about my brother. His funeral was yesterday and I’m going to miss him a lot. I wasn’t going to post anything about it on here but you post made me change my mind.
That’s a cool song.
Very sorry to hear that, Ric. Hope you're doing well after all.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:03 am

What a post....
Ric, sorry to you and family for the loss....
"the line of life is frail and once cut one is launched into eternity"
I learned that lesson well at the age of 28 when my dad, his mother, his second wife died on Christmas Day in an airplane crash.
We reminisce and have those feelings of loss stored in a compartment in our memory and get them out and examine them from time to time.
Life is for the living, stay ready for what follows....
My best to you all
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis
Blackstone pizza oven
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:48 pm

Ric - sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:59 pm

TwoGuysBBQ wrote:Thanks WV. It’s Saturday morning and I’m sitting drinking a cup of coffee thinking about my brother. His funeral was yesterday and I’m going to miss him a lot. I wasn’t going to post anything about it on here but you post made me change my mind.
That’s a cool song.

So sorry to hear this Ric, thoughts are with you and your family. I recently visited and laid flowers to my late mum and grandparents graves. I still miss them. Much aroha to you.
Aroha = kiwi for love. !

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:22 am

Ric, very sorry to hear of this for you, will keep you and your family in our thoughts today.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:39 am

Russ wrote:
That’s a cool song.

So sorry to hear this Ric, thoughts are with you and your family. I recently visited and laid flowers to my late mum and grandparents graves. I still miss them. Much aroha to you.
Aroha = kiwi for love. !

Russ
Sorry to hear that Ric. My condolences are with you and your family.
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:28 pm

Just read the replies and my heart goes out to all of you. Looks like all of us have a piece of our hearts chipped away but I'm glad for the good memories as I'm sure all of you are.
I appreciate all of you taking the time to comment and let out some personal stuff as well. As a BBQ Forum, the main theme is cooking great grub and learning as well as teaching others tricks as well and sometimes we might forget were human, so along comes a post like this and I see that even tho we don't always agree with each other and sometimes may get a little salty with each other, its very clear that we all mean well and have ALOT in common
Ric, my heart aches for you my friend, I myself just recently lost a brother a few years ago when he was only 59 so I understand your mindset and you should know we're all here for you.
I didn't know I would have the bad timing that I did with this post .
Came across this song and reminded me of my Dad and how he supported 9 kids and a wife. He left the house at 5 am every weekday and got home bout 7, scoffed down dinner, grabbed his coffee and went into the garage to do carpentry work til midnight. Then worked both days on the weekend so this song really hit home with me. He took his last breath in his bed in front of all of us when I turned 18, he was only 58...
I then started to think about how I run almost the same hours and then do our rings on the weekends and then it really hit me...
I'm almost 50 and my little guy is only 3.

Time to cut back on working on the weekends, my eyes are Wide Open now !

Again Ric, keep ur head up and remember the good times my friend

Return to “General Discussion”