Texas

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Texas

Postby egghead » Sat May 04, 2019 6:41 am

I’ve sent 16 TBBQF members cork trivets for winning throwdowns. All good fun and keeps me out of trouble. Been making these things for years after seeing one hanging on a wall at a steakhouse in Houston - Brenners.

Going to raffle this off to benefit some kids. Either through Kiwanis or at a local Walgreens to add to their “red nose” effort.

Kiwanis helps kids all over the world. The club I belong to holds a three day Golden Gloves event and sends local champions of their weight class to Fort Worth (at zero cost to the kids or their families, including transportation, hotel, eats, etc.) to complete in the state championship. The annual “red nose” campaign by Walgreens raises money to help stamp out childhood hunger.

BTW - Coastal Estates is on the Coast and a bunch of Hill Country wine corks are in the Hill Country. Only red wine corks were used along the Red River. :rose: :mrgreen: :lol:
Attachments
202D0720-44A3-4950-B211-42ACEEAA5133.jpeg
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Texas

Postby bsooner75 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:50 am

Oh wow EH - that’s a work of art.

We love ours. It’s proudly displayed on the kitchen counter and ready to jump into action at a moments notice.

Really cool thing for an auction and for a great cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Sat May 04, 2019 8:54 am

That's cool.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat May 04, 2019 8:59 am

VERY cool!
Moink!
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sat May 04, 2019 9:02 am

I remember Brennan’s, great beef, but heard some years back it burned. Did they rebuild?

Egghead’s trivets are to the barbecue community what a Corvette is to a sports car fan - the sign that you have arrived.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 04, 2019 9:14 am

:bow: :salut: :cheers: Just plain CLASS and TALENT - - admired and coveted by all who have them and those that wish they did. My Hat is off to you my Friend :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Sat May 04, 2019 10:59 am

Boots wrote:I remember Brennan’s, great beef, but heard some years back it burned. Did they rebuild?

Egghead’s trivets are to the barbecue community what a Corvette is to a sports car fan - the sign that you have arrived.

Brenners was purchased by the “Papas, Papasito, Papadeaux, etc” owner. He bought it for the memories of going there with his family when he was young. Not sure if it burned but the restaurant moved to the old “Rainbow Lodge” location (South if I-10 around Washington and Memorial) after the Rainbow Lodge moved north of I-10.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sat May 04, 2019 11:07 am

I think I am thinking of a different place. Brennan’s was around River Oaks or Memorial I think.

Pappas clan has really built an empire. Not bad for a bunch of Aggies.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “General Discussion”