Norwegian Dog News

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Norwegian Dog News

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:41 pm

Any new development on this, Joe :?:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
norway joe USER_AVATAR
Norway Joe
Chuck Wagon

Postby Norway Joe » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:16 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Any new development on this, Joe :?:
Thanks for asking Actually not so much. Last update from the veterinary institute is from 26th of September.

They have established that most dogs have been infected with the same bacteria and from the same origin. Same DNA in almost all cases. They have also found that it is not very contagious since in households with several dogs usually only one have been sick.
They still don't know where the bacteria came from or how or why the dogs got infected with the bacteria.

It also seems that the number of new cases have declined a lot. Haven't read about new cases for a while. They believe it is because of colder weather. One of the advantages of our cold climate is that we are spared of many common diseases from areas with warmer climate. Like mosquito borne diseases or leptospirosis in freshwater and many more.

In other words things are improving but the cause is still unknown. Hopefully it doesn't return after the winter.

Sent fra min SM-N950F via Tapatalk
Instagram: Norway_joe1
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:55 pm

Thanks, hopefully this is a turn for the best along with finalizing and stopping this problem. :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “General Discussion”