Crap another freezer gone

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Copasspupil
Outlaw

Crap another freezer gone

Postby Copasspupil » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:35 pm

I bought an atosa freezer since the last three freezers had died now make it 4 in 16 years. What are people using for freezers for the garage? One of the 4 was supposed to be a garage freezer and 3 of the 4 were new. I just tossed out a oh 2k worth of pork, bacon, beef, chicken and seafood. I was able to salvage about 100 worth of ny steaks and some pork.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Crap another freezer gone

Postby Rambo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:36 pm

bummer
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:58 pm

Copasspupil wrote:I bought an atosa freezer since the last three freezers had died now make it 4 in 16 years. What are people using for freezers for the garage? One of the 4 was supposed to be a garage freezer and 3 of the 4 were new. I just tossed out a oh 2k worth of pork, bacon, beef, chicken and seafood. I was able to salvage about 100 worth of ny steaks and some pork.

Find an American one.
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:23 am

Copasspupil wrote:I bought an atosa freezer since the last three freezers had died now make it 4 in 16 years. What are people using for freezers for the garage? One of the 4 was supposed to be a garage freezer and 3 of the 4 were new. I just tossed out a oh 2k worth of pork, bacon, beef, chicken and seafood. I was able to salvage about 100 worth of ny steaks and some pork.

Oh no!

Don't know if this is still true, but we learned not to buy the cheapest OR the most expensive item from any appliance line because it's the mid-priced models that are most popular, and most tested/reliable.

PB says to have a freezer alarm too.
Moink!
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:04 am

Would try a restaurant supply house. Pricey but their products have to be able to handle a beating.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
Timothy_W
Pilgrim

Postby Timothy_W » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 am

Sailor Kenshin wrote:

Oh no!

Don't know if this is still true, but we learned not to buy the cheapest OR the most expensive item from any appliance line because it's the mid-priced models that are most popular, and most tested/reliable.

PB says to have a freezer alarm too.

Yes you are right. Very cleanly, we either save unwisely, or overpay for a bloated name, as a result, the technique quickly fails. And if, for the sake of economy, used equipment is taken - then just look that you will overpay 2 times. I prefer to take new equipment and carefully read the reviews and look at the reviews before buying.
mike243
Wrangler

Postby mike243 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:19 pm

The frigidaria brand upright frost free are bad about the thermostat going bad, see it a lot
PB AustinLX, Weber Performer, Weber E310 , 250g trailer pit , 36" cowboy grill, bunch of other ways to burn food.

Return to “General Discussion”