N Texas storms

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:05 pm

Well we plumb dodged the bullet on the latest storm..it was one about two weeks before the latest one which got us. Neighbors Bradford Pear Tree split near in half and landed several tons of tree limbs on to of Frederica and the wife's Honder. If Frederica hadnt been parked in the driveway it woulda squished my house. Now Farmer's Ins her homeowners insurance say it an act of God so they dont owe nothing. I think that kinda deal is mo likely from the Debil. God don't go around doing stuff like that. If you got Farmer's Insurance cancell immediately. Thanks.

bigwheel
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:47 pm

Funny I just changed insurance companies and was strongly considering Farmers but went elsewhere because of their poor customer satisfaction rating.
I had State Farm for 20 years but their price on homeowners coverage is ridiculous. I got better coverage for nearly half, message if you have State Farm homeowners insurance in Texas you are getting bent over.
tarde venientibus ossa....
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:12 am

Hey next time you get in the market for that type of stuff give Germania Insurance a try. They saved us a tub of money on rates and they dont care if you got big dawgs. We got house and cars both with em.
http://www.germania-ins.com/

bigwheel
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:02 am

Papa Tom wrote:Funny I just changed insurance companies and was strongly considering Farmers but went elsewhere because of their poor customer satisfaction rating.
I had State Farm for 20 years but their price on homeowners coverage is ridiculous. I got better coverage for nearly half, message if you have State Farm homeowners insurance in Texas you are getting bent over.

I do have State Farm, and have looked into switching because of the homeowners rates, however combined with auto and with all my discounts applied no one can beat the rates together. I have been with them a good 20+ years.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
stan41 USER_AVATAR
Stan41
Bandolero

Postby Stan41 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:20 am

I have had Germania Insurance for 30-something years. Have had very few claims, but never had a problem with them.
Stan41
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:09 pm

bowhnter wrote:
Papa Tom wrote:Funny I just changed insurance companies and was strongly considering Farmers but went elsewhere because of their poor customer satisfaction rating.

I do have State Farm, and have looked into switching because of the homeowners rates, however combined with auto and with all my discounts applied no one can beat the rates together. I have been with them a good 20+ years.

I'll bet you a bottle of Stubbs that a little research will save you $500.....
I saved nearly $1000 and got better coverage. Most companies offer multiline discounts for home and auto. I got about 8 quotes and the worst one still beat State Farm by a good margin.
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Postby Papa Tom » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:16 pm

Thanks BW Germania is not one I checked, wish I would have had that info.
Delaware Smoker
Bandolero

Postby Delaware Smoker » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:13 pm

Last nite it was lighting,thundering,& pouring rain,but the moon was out.I've nevered seen that before.
Bill
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:41 pm

Delaware Smoker wrote:Last nite it was lighting,thundering,& pouring rain,but the moon was out.I've nevered seen that before.
Bill

:shock: I have seen it lightning, thunder, and rain with the Sun out, but never the moon.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:46 pm

Papa Tom wrote:
bowhnter wrote:

I'll bet you a bottle of Stubbs that a little research will save you $500.....
I saved nearly $1000 and got better coverage. Most companies offer multiline discounts for home and auto. I got about 8 quotes and the worst one still beat State Farm by a good margin.

My daughter works for an Ins agent with 6-8 companies they sell for and couldn't do it. (she could the house but not combined) Every time I call State Farm and threaten to leave they come up with another discount for me.
I will look into it though, but it has to be a company I have heard of 8)
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
abigail78630
Pilgrim

Re: N Texas storms

Postby abigail78630 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:39 am

Is there any Insurance Company which provides all the insurance Pet,Home and Auto ?

Return to “General Discussion”