Not Good

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Not Good

Postby GRailsback » Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:15 pm

spacetrucker wrote:I have been following this and wish you a good outcome, at times like this there is not much I can say, except wish you the best possible outcome.

Thanks ST, as big of a mess as it is, I ended up luckier than a lot of folks in this neighborhood. And I am grateful for that. They are here finishing up the tree work now. Still waiting on the field insurance adjuster. But I do know who it is and have a message in to them, just waiting on a call back.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:23 am

G, coming out of hibernation long enough to voice I’m real sorry to hear and see this, hope the family castle is back on line and repaired by now. Glad you guys are ok.

We had a nasty goblin come through about that same time and lost some big limbs off my big American elms, a pecan, a red bud, and off a hackberry (good riddance - trash @#$&!! tree), but all my trees next to the house are tough old red oaks and a burr, and held up well. Nothing like what you got as the Big Man was “looking out for idiots and small children” once again but a full day of chainsaw work.

Howdy to everybody and wishing you well, not as active here as in the past as life has been getting in the way and my crew I run at the office has gotten bigger and more time consuming and banks across the land are in choppy seas, but I look in on you guys from time to time to check on you, Parts, Rambo, Copass, Toby, kam, Sailor, Viking Joe and the rest. And still blazing up when I can, Rosebud still rocks but I think I’ve finally burned up the Tin Man (traeger) as the auger motor went democratic on me (no offense, old saying of my grandad), the heat shield looks like baby swiss, and there looks to be a hole burning through the side. Decided to save money on a rebuild and bought a portable Coleman gas passer instead and real happy with that - Little Red cracks 600 degrees in 5 minutes and grills a dozen burgers in 10.

Still need to finish my whiskey barrel smoker build project (this fall when cooker) so should have more time to talk then.

P.S. Red Shoulder mama hawk again raised a baby in the big pecan behind the house this spring and we got to watch Baby Bobblehead grow up. Mrs. Boots got many hours with her big camera documenting his progress. He still hangs around the house and has made himself useful - quite the little ratter, which I can always use. Every animal on the farm needs to pull some weight.

Be well brothers, see you soon “down the road” - Boots :texas:
Attachments
D345D9A3-6288-4598-96D9-CFF2A41D222A.jpeg
77AA0CEE-91FA-4312-B311-8191D68B677C.jpeg
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:24 am

So good to hear from you Brother Boots and happy to hear that Y'all were spared any major damage. So cool to see the pics of the Mama Hawk and Bobble Head :lol: . I'm a big lover of Nature and Wildlife and, even tho I live in a subdivision now, I still have a Bluebird House that can be monitored and I got to watch 3 litters get hatched and raised from it this year already.

So far we have been Blessed with only dead limbs in the yard that get picked up and piled up.

:tup: :salut: :cheers: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:05 am

Always good to hear from you Boots. Lot of damage, but as they say, this too shall pass. Working on the repairs now. Very violent storm, worse I have been through, and that includes the hurricanes we have endured here in the Houston area.

Will be making my annual trek to the races up there in Sept, sure would like to drink a beer with you North Texas guys one time.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:42 am

I’m so glad to see you posting Boots. I always enjoy your posts. To the SUBJECT, Greg, FYI- they are FINALLY putting my roof on from the 4-26 storms. Total loss of $25,000. They sent me a check for the Actual Cash Value of $5,600. I’ll have to Pony up the rest when they finish and be reimbursed
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:11 pm

Rambo wrote:I’m so glad to see you posting Boots. I always enjoy your posts. To the SUBJECT, Greg, FYI- they are FINALLY putting my roof on from the 4-26 storms. Total loss of $25,000. They sent me a check for the Actual Cash Value of $5,600. I’ll have to Pony up the rest when they finish and be reimbursed

I got a terrible settlement estimate as well. Now in the process of just fixing it and submit the actual numbers and see where it goes. My wife called and left a message with the adjuster on Tuesday, and haven’t heard a peep from them, it’s incredibly maddening.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:46 pm

GRailsback wrote:Always good to hear from you Boots. Lot of damage, but as they say, this too shall pass. Working on the repairs now. Very violent storm, worse I have been through, and that includes the hurricanes we have endured here in the Houston area.

Will be making my annual trek to the races up there in Sept, sure would like to drink a beer with you North Texas guys one time.

There’s a cook in Ennis in Sept these days, a friend of Yoda and I is the Chamber President now and runs it. Not sure we will cook (was pretty hot last year) but may drive down for it. Should be on the Outlaw BBQ Association website.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:59 pm

Boots wrote:
GRailsback wrote:Always good to hear from you Boots. Lot of damage, but as they say, this too shall pass. Working on the repairs now. Very violent storm, worse I have been through, and that includes the hurricanes we have endured here in the Houston area.

There’s a cook in Ennis in Sept these days, a friend of Yoda and I is the Chamber President now and runs it. Not sure we will cook (was pretty hot last year) but may drive down for it. Should be on the Outlaw BBQ Association website.

I’ll be at the track the 21st - 24th. Could slip away that Thursday or Friday evening for a cold one. If I remember from that envelop I mailed to you, that you’re in the McKinney area. I am not sure what is around the that Ronoak area where the track is. If anyone had time i’m pretty sure I could talk the warden out of some extra beer money.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:11 pm

GRailsback wrote:
Rambo wrote:I’m so glad to see you posting Boots. I always enjoy your posts. To the SUBJECT, Greg, FYI- they are FINALLY putting my roof on from the 4-26 storms. Total loss of $25,000. They sent me a check for the Actual Cash Value of $5,600. I’ll have to Pony up the rest when they finish and be reimbursed

I got a terrible settlement estimate as well. Now in the process of just fixing it and submit the actual numbers and see where it goes. My wife called and left a message with the adjuster on Tuesday, and haven’t heard a peep from them, it’s incredibly maddening.

It should have been a total loss; no way for them to match the shingles ; raise heck
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jun 29, 2023 7:13 pm

I’ll get you the numbers to turn it in to the State Board
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:45 pm

FYI Greg- I gave my Contractor another $7500 this afternoon
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:19 pm

Wife is having a little surgery at St. Joseph’s downtown Houston this evening. Pappas BBQ is the closest thing on foot.
The Shiner Bock is good, maybe I will have me a little BBQ this evening.

IMG_0754.jpeg

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0756.jpeg
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:50 pm

GRailsback wrote:Wife is having a little surgery at St. Joseph’s downtown Houston this evening. Pappas BBQ is the closest thing on foot.

IMG_0754.jpeg

IMG_0755.jpeg

IMG_0756.jpeg

I hope she has a speedy recovery
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:25 pm

Rambo wrote:
GRailsback wrote:Wife is having a little surgery at St. Joseph’s downtown Houston this evening. Pappas BBQ is the closest thing on foot.

The attachment IMG_0754.jpeg is no longer available

The attachment IMG_0755.jpeg is no longer available

IMG_0757.jpeg

I hope she has a speedy recovery

Not speedy enough, here I sit. Drank beer in that Pappas, for 3 hours, started to get a buzz. Paid for some with cash and some with card. She won’t be able to count them.

IMG_0757.jpeg
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:45 pm

:laughing7: ;)

Return to “General Discussion”