Weather Check In

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tex_toby USER_AVATAR
tex_toby
Deputy

Re: Weather Check In

Postby tex_toby » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:07 am

The top of the pool is starting to ice over. Time for some warm sunshine!!

IMG_4036.jpeg
20" x 40" Party Gator Pit
Custom Mobile Stick Burner
Summerset TRL 32" Built-In Grill
Weber Q2200
48" Custom Firepit
Bertello Pizza Oven

I can't always please everybody. I'm not bacon.
Norway joe2
Pilgrim

Postby Norway joe2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:33 am

-4 here at the moment. Expecting 20 inches of snow downtown Oslo tomorrow. Another round with removing snow from the boat.

Another 10 inches of snow expected on Saturday.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:12 pm

Yikes, Joe - - - - that's a lot of Snow, don'tcha know ? :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
Norway joe2
Pilgrim

Postby Norway joe2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:40 pm

Yup. That's a lot. Just saw the wind forecast says wind up to 18 meter per second. That translates to about 40 mph. With -4 fahrenheit and heavy snowing you will feel it.

A lot of people will have to shovel off som6 snow from their roof. 1 meter of snow on a square meter (10.7 sqft) is on average 300 kilo. Houses built before 1980 can't bear that weight on their roof.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:07 pm

Yikes, Joe - - - how well I remember shoveling the snow off of our Rooves in Summit County Colorado back in the early 70s.
Do Y"all have motor heaters that you plug in at night????
I still have my Snow Shovel but I've only used it for light weight items LMAO
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:18 pm

Norway joe2 wrote:Yup. That's a lot. Just saw the wind forecast says wind up to 18 meter per second. That translates to about 40 mph. With -4 fahrenheit and heavy snowing you will feel it.

A lot of people will have to shovel off som6 snow from their roof. 1 meter of snow on a square meter (10.7 sqft) is on average 300 kilo. Houses built before 1980 can't bear that weight on their roof.

Screw that; I’d move :laughing7:
Norway joe2
Pilgrim

Postby Norway joe2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:38 pm

Rambo: As much as I like the winter I think we have enough snow and cold weather now. I shouldn't complain though . I've seen there is cold and bad weather in many US states too.

Parts: I think some of the older cars do have engine heaters. As you know almost all new cars here are electric cars. Big brands like Volkswagen have stopped selling gasoline or diesel powered cars. Last year 82.4% of the cars sold was electric. They don't need engine heating but the batteries have higher capacity if they are warm, so many keep the car plugged in to warm up the batteries.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:49 pm

I bought this Snow Shovel in 1970 so it might even be considered an Heirloom/Antique :dont: :?: :scratch:
I do know that there were mornings that neither I nor the Wife would have been able to go to work if I hadn't shoveled the snow from the Driveway so we could back out onto the Street.
IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG
Norway joe2
Pilgrim

Postby Norway joe2 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:54 pm

Haha. I wouldn't be able to go at all should I use that to move all the snow.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:57 pm

Norway joe2 wrote:Rambo: As much as I like the winter I think we have enough snow and cold weather now. I shouldn't complain though . I've seen there is cold and bad weather in many US states too.

Parts: I think some of the older cars do have engine heaters. As you know almost all new cars here are electric cars. Big brands like Volkswagen have stopped selling gasoline or diesel powered cars. Last year 82.4% of the cars sold was electric. They don't need engine heating but the batteries have higher capacity if they are warm, so many keep the car plugged in to warm up the batteries.

WOW, I sure didn't know that :tup: :salut:
sailor kenshin USER_AVATAR
Sailor Kenshin
Chuck Wagon

Postby Sailor Kenshin » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:18 pm

It all sounds serious. We got maybe two inches of wet snow but this is the northeast. It happens.

Stay warm and dry.

PS: Parts, that is one impressive shovel. Mine's made of plastic.
Moink!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:05 pm

Thank ya Mam - - - If the Plastic was any lighter then it's a WIN WIN - - - especially on a cold morning with old snow that has become WET (and heavy) - - I was turning 30 during those times and hanging sheet rock for a living. FUN and GAMES to me but I would have to hire it done today HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laughing7:
bobcat1 USER_AVATAR
bobcat1
Outlaw

Postby bobcat1 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:45 pm

These 8 and 9 degree mornings are getting old. In the morning suppose to be 13 but we will get to 43 tomorrow afternoon. First time above freezing in 4 days.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:55 pm

bobcat1 wrote:These 8 and 9 degree mornings are getting old. In the morning suppose to be 13 but we will get to 43 tomorrow afternoon. First time above freezing in 4 days.

About the same here Cat; I went to Academy today and said screw it; paid $69 for a supposedly pair of super gloves. I just got in from feeding the animals and my hands were still cold. Older age, 68, I guess
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:51 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I bought this Snow Shovel in 1970 so it might even be considered an Heirloom/Antique ]

When we first moved to Texas from Illinois it musta been above freezing for a few years so I sold my snow shovels at a garage sale as I never needed them.

I had to go out and buy a new shovel, looks like yours. I couldn’t find real snow shovels like I used to have.
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36

Return to “General Discussion”