Fresh Post Oak

The weather, news and topics not related to BBQ.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Fresh Post Oak

Postby Rambo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:50 pm

It’ll be ready in about 6 months
Attachments
64E7526C-1ECB-4DC9-AB8E-111CA25527CD.jpeg
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Fresh Post Oak

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:59 pm

YUM YUM - - - my oldest Son uses Post Oak and it sho do make some Larapin "Q" :tup: :wav: :salut: :cheers: :chef: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:05 pm

I like hickory and pecan but I know the big dogs in the Hill Country use straight Post Oak
GTR
Bandolero

Postby GTR » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:21 pm

I’m with you on the pecan. Been using it for several years now. Got a great deal several years ago. Got another load free from a buddy’s neighbor last year. Never looked back.
"The days I keep my expectations low and my gratitude high, I have really good days."
Ray Wylie Hubbard
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:41 pm

Rambo wrote:I like hickory and pecan but I know the big dogs in the Hill Country use straight Post Oak

when we lived in the Hill Country West of Lampasas, we had 3 huge paper shell pecan trees on our 9 acres and it was normal to gather 50# of Pecans per season - - - I usually sent half of them to my DIL's Dad BUT I KEPT ALL THE DEAD LIMBS for MYSELF :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “General Discussion”