Them darn cats...

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Them darn cats...

Postby Russ » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:40 pm

This is utterly true and happened to me. Random things always happen to me. Let me tell you a week in my life last year. It started one day my wife said there's a stray cat eating scraps off our back yard. I chuck scraps for birds etc.our French doors overlook our yard. We have a large deck as you step out to the back yard. The next day my wife said there's 2 cats out there now, I wonder where they are from.the next day a Sunday the grand kids were here and Isla said nana there's a kitten on the deck, my wife had a look and there were the 2 cats and 2 kittens eating scraps and playing. My wife opened the door and they ran under out decking. The kids loved watching them all. When my kids left my wife said you need to get rid of these cats ASAP. My wife goes to work before me and she rang me mid morning on the Monday, them darn cats are still there, you need to get rid of them. Monday night they were still there. Tuesday wife rang, get #%*^%^* rid of them cats. Went home for lunch and wife texted me. Yeah yeah,lol. So I googled cat protection league who look after cats here. Rang them, 40 questions, no they're not mine , am I feeding them well,have I put posters up in neighbourhood.by this time I'm getting wound up, I lied casually, I'm going to Australia so you need to pick them up, she said can I get my neighbours to feed them while I'm away, wtf, I lost it and said can you just please come and pick up these f#%^*+*. Cats. Click, phones dead. Ring back, she said we don't deal with angry people, click. Unbelievable. So I'm just heading back to work my landline rings. It's 1 of my cousins . She rang to tell me another cousin Brian had died Sunday night and funeral was thurs or Friday. I said see you there. So now it's Wednesday and I still hadn't worked out how to get rid of these cats. Wife was on my case then I was seeing one of my customers and they are next door to the SPCA . So I thought I will see them. Note to self. Be calm. Cats must go. Same set of questions, I play along. Then I ask how can I get rid of them. They say I can rent a trap for $50 but when i drop it back they will give me $30 back. Ok!! I'm nearly done. Take trap home. Thursday is cat catching day. Wife's happy. Thursday comes and wife goes to work, I text her 2 hours later, what times funeral and where. 2.30 in linwood. I know the place to go.
I set the trap after getting chops out of our freezer the night before. Sitting at home and half hour later , bang. Got the first one, take it to SPCA and they take it. Back home again and set the trap again, an hour later snap, got the second adult cat. Take to SPCA and go homes. Look at my watch its 2.05. I set trap and race off to funeral. Get there 5 minutes late but find a park right by the door . Walk,quickly in. Lady at door gives me sheets with dates and song sheet. I look up the back and go and take a seat at the back and get my breath back.5 minutes later I can't see any of my family, then they start talking about this lady??? I look at the papers I was given when I arrived. I'm at the wrong funeral. I dont believe this. I sum up,things in my head. Ok I'm at the wrong funeral but she sounded like such a nice lady and I didn't want to walk out so I sat through the whole thing. Right near the end they said there were 2 collection boxes in the foyer if we could make a donation to the place she helped out in the weekends, you got it....the cats protection league. The people that hung up on me. I thought this cant be happening. So I start to leave and her dad asks me how I knew her and if I want to go back to the house for a drink. I excuse myself and head out to my vehicle, then I see the sign I never saw when I pulled up. Immediate family only. Nuts. The hearse was parked right behind me. I made it to the car with lots of puzzled looks behind me. Then I left and rang my wife, I said you're never going to believe this, she just cracked up. I said when's the funeral. She said Tomorrow , I only asked time and place. Right off home set trap and about 4.30 bang. Got a kitten, take to SPCA and head home again. So it's too late to take the last kitten so I set trap and about 7 o clock at night it goes off. Intake trap inside and make sure kitten had food n drink. Wife arrived home at 7 and went upstairs, I made rum n coke, a big one, then went upstairs and said to my wife, a whole week of cats and a wrong funeral, she just cracked up and said I'm so random. Took kitten to SPCA next morning and moved on with my life.
Lol
Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
txdragon USER_AVATAR
Txdragon
Deputy

Re: Them darn cats...

Postby Txdragon » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:07 pm

After all that, I certainly would have a rum and coke as well!
(Insert witty signature here)

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”