fried squirrel

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

fried squirrel

Postby CaptJack » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:31 am

22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: fried squirrel

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:59 pm

well, Capt'n, now you've gone and done it - - - hunting tree rats was a family tradition that my Dad insisted we learn and participate in - - - - most of the times when we got in from a day in the Piney Woods, we would just skin, quarter, fry and eat right then and there - - - AND if there happened to be anything in the frig to go with it then we'd empty that bowl for Mom to wash but, if not, then it was Squirrel Snacks in the afternoon :tup: :salut: :laughing7: :D :lol:

Great Memories and they are ENDLESS
Dad: "he's in the Pine, in the Pine"
(as we stood there surrounded by 100s of long leaf beauties :dont: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:38 pm

Lol, squirrel free here, first I saw was in Vancouver , cute wee things, I couldn't ever shoot one of them.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:44 pm

the cuter and wee'er the more tender'er - - - especially small gray squirrels yum yum - - - my friends Wife had us save the brains and she fried and ate them NO NO NO NO I didn't and will never eat squirrel brains or any other brains - - - :drunk: knowingly that is :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:56 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:the cuter and wee'er the more tender'er - - - especially small gray squirrels yum yum - - - my friends Wife had us save the brains and she fried and ate them NO NO NO NO I didn't and will never eat squirrel brains or any other brains - - - :drunk: knowingly that is :laughing7:

Lambs brains here are a delicacy, cooked right though! Lol, we had them as kids. Poorer families had a lot of offal as kids in the 60s n 70s. I still eat cheap cuts of meat, lots of fond memories.

Russ
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:59 pm

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:24 pm

I can relate, Pard, I still WILL NOT eat SPAM because of my childhood memories - - - nor pickled pimento loaf :tdown:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Kiwiruss wrote:Lol, squirrel free here, first I saw was in Vancouver , cute wee things, I couldn't ever shoot one of them.

Russ

My wife thought the same thing till the rats with furry tails got in our attic. Made a mess of it and the garage. Then chewed through our Christmas lights (while they were in use).

First one we caged I shot…from there on out she filled a trash can with water and drowned them before I got home. Seem to get way to much pleasure from it as well.

I learned to sleep with one eye open :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:25 pm

all this is funny to me because Squirrel Hunting in East Texas/Liberty County was practiced by young and old alike - - - we even had tree dogs that would tree and bark and then we would "hi-tail it" to the tree and harvest whatever we could - - - everyone had a homemade carrying device that looked like a big safety pin - - - Dad made ours out of brazing rods from Tenneco Plant were he worked - - it weren't nuttin to have so many hanging on your belt that you could hardy walk straight :laughing7: :D :lol:
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:28 pm

bsooner75 wrote:
Kiwiruss wrote:Lol, squirrel free here, first I saw was in Vancouver , cute wee things, I couldn't ever shoot one of them.

Russ

My wife thought the same thing till the rats with furry tails got in our attic. Made a mess of it and the garage. Then chewed through our Christmas lights (while they were in use).

First one we caged I shot…from there on out she filled a trash can with water and drowned them before I got home. Seem to get way to much pleasure from it as well.

I learned to sleep with one eye open :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmfao, that's gold, hehe. :lol: :lol:

Russ
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:30 pm

I guess our possums would be equivalent, these are a major pest here. We used to go out at night spotlighting and shooting with a .22 rifle to get these.

Russ
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:05 pm

We got possums. Slow moving, blind as a bat, and near deaf, but talk about teeth! Like a mouth full of razor blades. Look like something the Devil created on the Eighth Day out of jealousy.

As regards brains, I have a firm rule. Outside of oysters, if it's gray, I don't eat it, fried, flieted, or flambayed, it don't matter. Just weird that way.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:22 pm

Boots, teeth and long sharp claws. Nz is planning on wiping them out, I think over a 30 year period to protect our wild life, birds included.

Russ
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:07 am

I must confess that I had one (unknowing) bite of cooked Possum Meat and "only one" - - - it was gamey, greasy and chewy AND when I noticed that everyone was looking a me and grinning, I did the only Gentlemanly thing - - - - I spit it out in their direction.

However, I like young fried Racoon and have mentioned that before.
castironchris USER_AVATAR
castironchris
Bandolero

Postby castironchris » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:47 pm

We used to eat possum stew with potatoes and carrots and such. You had to cook it then let it completely cool in the pot so all the grease would come to the top. Scrape off all the grease that you could and then reheat it so you could eat!!
Weber 22" with SlownSear
Weber Smokey Mountain 22"

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”