True Recipe Story - semi funny

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

True Recipe Story - semi funny

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:05 pm

Back around 2004 we lived in an older frame house on 7 acres next to the Old Nix Schoolhouse West of Lampasas and the Community would have functions there such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and Fourth of July. Well, since we lived next door and knew some of the folks in the area, we would always go and take something as most folks did.

One Christmas Season they had a get together and a lot of people showed that we did not know. Well, we went thru the serving line and then back later for dessert and I picked up this plate with a slice of Texas Pecan Pie on it. LAWD HELP ME that was the absolute best Pecan Pie that I have ever had and that includes my Mom's and Granny's. Weeellll, I just had to find out who cooked it and tell her how wonderful it was. No problem finding out that information and when she was pointed out to me I walked over and introduced myself.

Let me interrupt the story to say that she was an older Lady and very small (4.5'). She also had that look of a working woman and when I say "working" I mean outside, in the sun and probably all day.

Back to the story: she thanked me for my compliment and then I said "I sure would like that recipe !" and she replied "I'll just bet you would !" and then walked away.

Well, I didn't think much about it until one day, not long after that, I was in Lampasas getting groceries, a friend introduced me to a gentleman he knew and told him where I lived. THEN the gentleman said "OH, you're the feller that asked Mrs. Janeck for her Pecan Pie Recipe". :shock: :dont: :oops:

Little did I know that all of a sudden I had a reputation and become well known in the Community. It wouldn't have surprised me to see a Wanted Poster in the Post Office soon. :laughing7: :D :lol:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Re: True Recipe Story - semi funny

Postby Kiwiruss » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:13 pm

So did you get the recipe??

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:17 pm

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Oh, everybody's heard the story about the feller that tried to shig grannies pies. Just didn't know it was OUP [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Kiwiruss wrote:So did you get the recipe?? Russ

Nope just a funny reputation :banghead:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:47 am

Lol, we all had one of them. :deadhorse: :deadhorse:

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Mon May 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Nice story
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 01, 2017 12:15 pm

thank you, Sir, I sure did think about Miss Janeck's Pecan Pie this morning when I cut into one from Walmart that's made by Fisher's. Even with Redi-Whip on top, I ended up chunking it in the trash. :banghead: :whiteflag:

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”