Maverick Believe it or Not !

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Maverick Believe it or Not !

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat May 27, 2017 7:46 pm

I don't need to tell most of you that it is Summer Time in Tejas and although it's 86F it feels like 95 and the Humid-ditty is WET. Not a good time for the AC Unit to quit working but it did. After a few calls and some messages left I messed with the breakers and "voila" it started working and cooling again. However, even tho the House is cool now the AC thermostat says it's still 79??????

How can I check this :scratch: :?: AH HA - - I KNOW - - - so I went to the Man Cave and got my Maverick BBQ thermometer, brought it in the house and turned it on. Five minutes later MR. Maverick tells me that the room temp is 75 altho the wall thermostat says 77.

Wonder if that thermostat could be our problem????????????? Well, I'll wait and let the Big Boys figger that one out.

End of humor a la BBQ thermometer :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Maverick Believe it or Not !

Postby bsooner75 » Sat May 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Resourceful.

Our upstairs unit was running non stop, showing 79 and it was freezing upstairs. Kids and wife complained…I kinda enjoyed it. Anyway, went to Home Depot and picked up a new thermostat. Sure is nice to hear that thing actually kick off every once in a while $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: Maverick Believe it or Not !

Postby woodenvisions » Sat May 27, 2017 10:20 pm

bsooner75 wrote:Resourceful.

Our upstairs unit was running non stop, showing 79 and it was freezing upstairs. Kids and wife complained…I kinda enjoyed it. Anyway, went to Home Depot and picked up a new thermostat. Sure is nice to hear that thing actually kick off every once in a while $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate that feeling !!!
Mines on the other end of the spectrum...
From late November to early March we listen to the garage heater kick on and off all day and even more at night. The houses up here were built with 220 ceramic and coil cube heaters tucked in one of the garage corners to help keep the pipes ( PEX ) these days from freezing.
I hate it, but it's necessary even tho the pipes ( PEX ) is encased behind the finished garage walls.
One of the cons of living on the top of a mountain in the Poconos..

As sooner says...Cha Cha Cha Cha Ching !!!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Maverick Believe it or Not !

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun May 28, 2017 6:42 am

'bout $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ays it all :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”