Mumbeaux Jumbeaux Dumbeaux Gumbeaux

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Mumbeaux Jumbeaux Dumbeaux Gumbeaux

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Before I tell this story, let me say that I am in no way an expert on Gumbo but I am learning little by little. However, when you go to an Eatery and there's Gumbo on the Menu it should have some resemblance of "eatable food". Twas not the cast today at "Willie's Ice House" and, even tho they say not to judge something on first impressions, I should have known what to expect when the Waitress sat the bowl of Dumbeaux Gumbeaux in front of me.

There was several VERY LARGE pieces of Bell Pepper, Own-Yawn and Celery on top covering the mess that was underneath. When I say large I'm talking close to two inch square chunks of these veggies. After moving that protective covering I ventured down into the soupy watery "whatever" it was swimmin in. To call it Roux or Broth or even Soup would be sacrilegious and punishable by being banned from ever crossing the Sabine River again. Water has more flavor than that ?liquid? had and the few pieces of what looked like rice (or it might have been couscous) and the micro-shrimp and "gawd knows what" was limited for lack of a better word.

I should have gotten up and left when the waitress told me that they didn't have any Louisiana Red Sauce.

Thanks to a longneck Shiner Bock I was able to make it home without malnutrition symptoms. :whiteflag:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Re: Mumbeaux Jumbeaux Dumbeaux Gumbeaux

Postby Russ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Man I know where you are coming from, I had an amazing meal of pork belly at a place we found , I kept going on about how good it was, after a year or so my wife said she was taking me out to dinner to this place. New owners!!! Ooh oh, yip , awful awful meal, nothing like what I expected. I'm still disappointed,lol.

Gumbo, ive heard it on tv and movies, but never tried it. Might giggle it later.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:12 pm

Pardnah, you gotta try it but geaux sleaux and make sure you get some kind of Roux done plus it must have Okra THEN THE REST is up to you. Just google and learn - - - for me the hardest part is getting the Roux just right and like I said "I'm learning" :chef:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:11 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Pardnah, you gotta try it but geaux sleaux and make sure you get some kind of Roux done plus it must have Okra THEN THE REST is up to you. Just google and learn - - - for me the hardest part is getting the Roux just right and like I said "I'm learning" :chef:

I'm the king of roux around here, I make a nice roux for my base when I make my chicken croquettes. We had 4 friends over for dinner Saturday night, they raved about my croquettes.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:12 am

OldUsedParts wrote:
Thanks to a longneck Shiner Bock I was able to make it home without malnutrition symptoms. :whiteflag:

It is always important to disinfect properly. I always took that to mean inside and out.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”