?Say What?

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

?Say What?

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Had a few items to pick up at HEB today so I thought I'd take a minute and speak to someone in the Meat Mkt about the 6 racks of St. Louis I'm gonna need in about 5 weeks. The ?butcher? that waited on me told me that they had S.L.s on sale and I should go ahead and get them now. :scratch: :dont: I told hiim that I wasn't going to BBQ them for 5 weeks and that I had rather wait and get them when I was ready to cook them so I didn't have to freeze and then thaw. His reply was this: "They are in Cryovac (sp) and they will taste just the same if you freeze and thaw as they will if you buy them the same day you're going to cook them" :!: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I just smiled and walked away :whiteflag: :banghead: :scratch: :dont: :shock:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Re: ?Say What?

Postby jwh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:22 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:I told hiim that I wasn't going to BBQ them for 5 weeks ...

I'm with ya, Friend. I don't know anybody that would BBQ the same meat for 5 weeks. 14hrs, 16hrs, maybe 18hrs . . . but weeks?

*ducking*
Josh
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:50 pm

OK, I had that one coming and a good one BTW - - - one thing I forgot was that he also said that the Cryovac was guaranteed for 25 days :shock: :scratch: I wanted to say "OK, Bubba, DO THE MATH" :dont:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Postby jwh » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:55 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:OK, I had that one coming and a good one BTW - - - one thing I forgot was that he also said that the Cryovac was guaranteed for 25 days :shock: :scratch: I wanted to say "OK, Bubba, DO THE MATH" :dont:

It's that "new math" they've been talkin' about.
Josh
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:02 pm

I buy and freeze ribs with good results. When they are on sale I buy a few racks and freeze for whenever …if you dig deep enough at the store most are still partially frozen anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Btw - they thaw quick soaking in cold water.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:22 pm

OK, "given" BUT wouldn't they ?POSSIBLY? be better if bought closer to the Cook Date :?: :dont:

Besides that, OUR freezer is a side by the refrigerator type so where would the Wiffy keep her fudgecicles and Blue Bell :?:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:44 pm

I’ve never noticed a difference. I have an upright in the garage which allows me the extra storage. I wouldn’t ask you to cut into the Blue Bell space :)

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:55 pm

:D :salut:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:01 am

We have a huge stand up freezer, then the side by side type on our kitchen fridge, and then the one on the deck for all things cooking and partying. I see no difference in cryopack, food saver bagged, or recently bought. We buy meat on sale and freeze until we need it. Plus we buy a calf and have butchered one a year or so and take our food saver to the meat packing plant and bag our meat right there in food saver bags. I would be willing to wager that most ribs you buy have been previously frozen at one point at least. :dont: :dont:
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:06 am

I refreeze meat ever now and then if something comes up and I don't have the time to cook it. In most cases the store get's it frozen and I just don't like to refreeze it after it's been thawed, just my 2 cent's.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:36 am

that's pretty much my thinking, Willie, as Sooner mentioned, sometimes if you dig down in the case you will find some that are partially frozen - - - ?if? I was going to finish thawing and cook they would be my choice BUT ?if I have a choice? I prefer the most recent "freshest" cuts if possible "different strokes different folks, I guess?" :dont:

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”