Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:17 am

Anyone who has bought and then tried to use a hunting license will appreciate this.

Amusing story as well as a perfect reply to an over-reaching bureaucracy that seldom sees itself on the other end of its ridiculous regulations.

STORY:

The State of Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife sent a letter to a home/landowner asking for permission to access a creek on his property to document the decline in a certain species of unheard of frogs.

The property owners response in the second letter is Epic.

Original Letter from Oregon Dept. of Fish & Wildlife:

Dear Landowner:

ODFW Staff will be conducting surveys for foothill yellow-legged frogs & other amphibians over the next few months. As part of this research we would like to survey the creek on your property. I am writing this letter to request your permission to access your property.

Recent research indicates that foothill yellow-legged frogs have declined significantly in recent years and are no longer found at half their historic sites. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated and will help contribute to the conservation of this important species.

Please fill out the attached postage-paid postcard and let us know if you are willing to let us cross your property or not. If you have any concerns about this project please give us a call. We would love to talk with you about our research.

Sincerely,
Steve Niemela
Conservation Strategy Implementation Biologist

RESPONSE FROM LANDOWNERS:

Dear Mr. Niemela:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding accessing our property to survey for the yellow-legged frog. We may be able to help you out with this matter.

We have divided our 2.26 acres into 75 equal survey units with a draw tag for each unit. Application fees are only $8.00 per unit after you purchase the "Frog Survey License" ($120.00 resident / $180.00 Non-Resident). You will also need to obtain a "Frog Habitat" parking permit ($10.00 per vehicle).

You will also need an "Invasive Species" stamp ($15.00 for the first vehicle and $5.00 for each add'l vehicle) You will also want to register at the Check Station to have your vehicle inspected for non-native plant life prior to entering our property. There is also a Day Use fee, $5.00 per vehicle.

If you are successful in the Draw you will be notified two weeks in advance so you can make necessary plans and purchase your "Creek Habitat" stamp. ($18.00 Resident / $140.00 Non-Resident).

Survey units open between 8 am and 3 pm. but you cannot commence survey until 9 am. and must cease all survey activity by 1 pm. Survey Gear can only include a net with a 2" diameter made of 100% organic cotton netting with no longer than an 18-ft handle, non-weighted and no deeper than 6' from net frame to bottom of net. Handles can only be made of BPA-free plastics or wood.

After 1 pm. you can use a net with a 3" diameter if you purchase the "Frog Net Endorsement" ($75.00 Resident / $250 Non-Resident). Any frogs captured that are released will need to be released with an approved release device back into the environment unharmed.

As of June 1, we are offering draw tags for our "Premium Survey" units and application is again only $8.00 per application. However, all fees can be waived if you can verify "Native Indian Tribal rights and status".

You will also need to provide evidence of successful completion of "Frog Surveys and You" comprehensive course on frog identification, safe handling practices, and self-defense strategies for frog attacks. This course is offered on-line through an accredited program for a nominal fee of $750.00.

Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you. Otherwise, we decline your access to our property but appreciate your inquiry.

Sincerely,
Larry & Amanda Anderson.
Landowners
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:13 pm

Lol, that is hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:15 pm

The laughable but tragic part of this is it is probably true to life going the other way. There is a reason they call it the PRO - People's Republic of Oregon.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:59 pm

That is very funny, I'm glad you guys have to jump through hoops like we do down here, we have the rma, resource management act, crazy , can take up to 2 or 3 years to get a building permit.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 pm

In Texas we are required to keep a receipt for any minnows purchased for fishing. The Zebra muscle outbreak has them doing this to prove you aren’t transporting from other bodies of water…personally think it’s just a way to add a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
egghead USER_AVATAR
egghead
Egg Master

Postby egghead » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:37 am

:lol: Thanks for sharing Capt.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
XL, Small, and Mini BGE
tejano0369 USER_AVATAR
Tejano0369
Rustler

Postby Tejano0369 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:18 pm

I'd love to have seen the faces on the ODFW folk when they read that letter.
"My Body's Here, But My Soul's In San Antone"

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”