?Granny's Geetar?

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: ?Granny's Geetar?

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:58 pm

DUDE !!!!!

YOU JUST MADE ME SMILE, THATS AWESOME BROTHER !! :):):):)

I hope that rugg wasn't expensive .... not only did you cut it...you SHREDDED IT :):)

You da man Emm, hats off to ya my friend !
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:00 pm

:laughing7: :D :lol: it was just friends hanging and "sippin" - - - thank you for that Pal :tup:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:04 pm

Not to get too far off of the subject, but u guys got me in the mood for some good ear candy..

Was just listening to this with the wifey and little guy:):)

https://youtu.be/9MupvaMfPVY

Ahh, I remember being a kid and bieng around my older brothers while they had this going for what seemed like a 24 hr loop !!
Fond memories of the ole 8 track in my brothers 65 Stang :):)
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: ?Granny's Geetar?

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:05 pm

OldUsedParts wrote::laughing7: :D :lol: it was just friends hanging and "sippin" - - - thank you for that Pal :tup:
Well, you definitely made my night, so Thank You !
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Quick Story on the Hollies "Long Cool Woman" - - - the first time I heard that I KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT IT WAS FOGERTY AND CCR - - :?: RIGHT :?: - - well I was in a Bar after work waiting for the traffic to go home and that song came on the Jukebox - - I mentioned CCR and some dude had the nerve to tell me it was not CCR - - - so I bellied up and wanted to make a "sizeable" bet - - it was then that my GOOD friend pulled me aside and told me to s'hup because it was the Hollies- - "WHEW"
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: RE: Re: ?Granny's Geetar?

Postby woodenvisions » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:16 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Quick Story on the Hollies "Long Cool Woman" - - - the first time I heard that I KNEW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT IT WAS FOGERTY AND CCR - - :?: RIGHT :?: - - well I was in a Bar after work waiting for the traffic to go home and that song came on the Jukebox - - I mentioned CCR and some dude had the nerve to tell me it was not CCR - - - so I bellied up and wanted to make a "sizeable" bet - - it was then that my GOOD friend pulled me aside and told me to s'hup because it was the Hollies- - "WHEW"
It's funny you say that, because I've Always thought of them as well.
It's amazing how much they not only sound alike vocal wise, but they are almost Exact with thier style as well.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:18 pm

It played, man you rock, I know a rockstar, itried to learn the mouth organ as a kid. I ain't got it emm! Lol.
Made my day too.
Thanks

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:14 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:10-4 Pardnah - - - I couldn't find the 3am Video so I am "shamelessly" offering this one from 2016. My dear friends from Baton Rouge were on the Power Tour and blessed me with a visit so I put a couple racks of Oink Bonz on the Pellet Pooper and we started hanging out in my BBQ shed. The rest is Hystory. If this won't play then "TOO BAD" - - it won't play for me either.

https://youtu.be/Ug2dJF0ddBQ

That was pretty cool. OUP a man of many talents! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
captjack USER_AVATAR
CaptJack
Outlaw

Postby CaptJack » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 pm

Attachments
sf.jpg
22"OldSmokey • 2-burner gasser with GrillGrates
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:44 am

bsooner75 wrote: That was pretty cool. OUP a man of many talents! Thanks for sharing.

thanks, Sooner, that was back in my younger days 2016 :D :laughing7: :lol: it's all just for fun now.
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:15 am

Way to go OUP. You still got it, at least when the engine gets primed sufficiently. :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: I have always played music since I was 6 but never could play anything with strings, except the piano. I was (and still am) very ADD and had to have things to occupy myself with or would be out of control. That's why I have so many hobbies to this day. This is my current set up, and while I don't spend as much time on them now, I still get a few hrs a week when the wife is out. Not exactly the most relationship friendly instrument.
Attachments
20800115_1568798696474284_5498030806260521138_n.jpg
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:43 am

Ah Ha, there's a Percussionist in La Casa - - - you and my oldest could be best friends also - - - he still plays on the heavy Chrome Gretch Set I got him aback in the late 70s. I promise I will NOT tell any Drummer Jokes OK :?: :laughing7: :D :lol: I recognize the brass but what make are the pots ? my son also just switched to water filled heads and was raving about the new 5 min method of tuning he just got turned on to - - - maybe he can share some of the tech that I don't understand with you sometime and also get some pointers in return ???????

OH, I can certainly relate to the "ADD" - - - sometimes it can be a pain :banghead:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:07 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Ah Ha, there's a Percussionist in La Casa - - - you and my oldest could be best friends also - - - he still plays on the heavy Chrome Gretch Set I got him aback in the late 70s. I promise I will NOT tell any Drummer Jokes OK :?: :laughing7: :D :lol: I recognize the brass but what make are the pots ? my son also just switched to water filled heads and was raving about the new 5 min method of tuning he just got turned on to - - - maybe he can share some of the tech that I don't understand with you sometime and also get some pointers in return ???????

OH, I can certainly relate to the "ADD" - - - sometimes it can be a pain :banghead:

Thanks OUP. I have tried the fluid filled and dont like them.You can see from the pics I just put new heads on these. Old fashioned Pinstripe on the beater and double clears on the reso. I cheat, I have a large lazy susan I can put my drum on, and spin in front of me where I can take 2 drum keys and tune each one in a couple of minutes. The shells are PDP, DW's import line but all maple and tune real well. I have an old Gretch snare from the 60's that is one of my favs.

This is basically how I tune all my drums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYnSOslqlK4
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:33 am

You and my Boy need to swap lies and shop talk some day - - - :tup:
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:46 am

OldUsedParts wrote:You and my Boy need to swap lies and shop talk some day - - - :tup:

Bring him with you. I have some bass drum pedals he needs to try out. Will blow him away. Here is a guy using 2 of the same pedals I use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvQArNyJMsY
Bayou Classic Ceramic
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”