?Granny's Geetar?

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

?Granny's Geetar?

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:51 am

Don't think this is her first Rodeo. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3V0h1 ... e=youtu.be
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Re: ?Granny's Geetar?

Postby outlaw » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:27 am

Shes great, she and her daughter used to tour. I stumbled upon her when checking out amazing female guitarists such as this young lady. Check her out. She goes by Tina S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B4pZBmI_gU
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:35 am

Wow, the true Artists make it look so simple - - - Grrrrr - - - I've been a long time Fan of Susan Tedeschi (Trucks) and Samantha Fish also - - - altho they're not the pickers that the other Ladies are they still make me smile.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
outlaw USER_AVATAR
outlaw
Outlaw

Postby outlaw » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 am

OldUsedParts wrote:Wow, the true Artists make it look so simple - - - Grrrrr - - - I've been a long time Fan of Susan Tedeschi (Trucks) and Samantha Fish also - - - altho they're not the pickers that the other Ladies are they still make me smile.

I love prodigies. Always looking for new talent. Tina S is from France and I have been watching her since she was 8.
Bayou Classic Ceramic
PK (Portable Kitchen) Grill
Johnsons Ultimate Compact Patio Smoker
Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:08 pm

Very impressive.

I took some lessons a few years back. Open chords - no problem, barre chords - hand cramps but I’m hanging in there, scales - oh heck no I’m out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Sooner, you have to keep your hands tuned as well as your axe - - - ?how do I know? I laid everything down but the blues harp 10 years ago and I can't even make a hook fingered G on a geetar any longer. :banghead: :whiteflag: :deadhorse:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:13 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Sooner, you have to keep your hands tuned as well as your axe - - - ?how do I know? I laid everything down but the blues harp 10 years ago and I can't even make a hook fingered G on a geetar any longer. :banghead: :whiteflag: :deadhorse:

Yea, mine are in the guest room gathering dust. I tried to pick it up as a release from life’s stresses. It really did work and I enjoyed it even though I never got very good.

Every morning when I wake up and feel that helmet I took to my back my freshman year of HS or my knees ache from the beating they took playing football I wish I had put the helmet up and picked up an axe back then. Hindsight.

You were pretty good though Parts. Playing in bands. I bet you could still cut loose if you had some time to lumber up!

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Most of my family especially my two boys play well and every now and then they'll talk the ol man into a Jamm but it's 10 holer "only" for me and I can hold my own. I've got a Youtube around here som'ers of me jamming with Johnny Winters "CD" not live at 3 am that's not too bad. If I can find it and get real brave I may share it just for "GRINS" :blues:
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Put it up. I would really like to see it!

russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Id also like to see it, I thought of you oup last night, my wife's at an executive boarding school meeting in Auckland so last night the volume was up high while I enjoyed some good music, when Janis came on I thought of you saying she had a great set of pipes,lmao.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Yeah, she grew up just East of me in Port Arthur and I got to see her one time "live" when she was with Big Brother and the Holding Company - - - WOW WHAT A SHOW - - - she drank a 5th of Southern Comfort on stage while doing her "thing". 8)
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:58 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Yeah, she grew up just East of me in Port Arthur and I got to see her one time "live" when she was with Big Brother and the Holding Company - - - WOW WHAT A SHOW - - - she drank a 5th of Southern Comfort on stage while doing her "thing". 8)

Great story, it was my first album cheap thrills, along with deep purple. I wore them both out,lol. I've asked my daughter to try to find a copy of the cheap thrills album for my memories.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:22 pm

If she don't score then let me ask my Music Guru Bro because I know he has it is Vinyl and might be able to make you a CD copy. :salut:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:24 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:If she don't score then let me ask my Music Guru Bro because I know he has it is Vinyl and might be able to make you a CD copy. :salut:

Thanks for offer, daughter has already given me disc of the album for the car. She loves her music as well, so she said she will get me the vinyl origins. My wife worked in a record shop many years ago so our kids grew up with music. Just watched vid on you tube last night, couldn't believe how good these guys were, I love this song.

http://youtu.be/FBUe_v6Mi70

Sorry for side track.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:45 pm

10-4 Pardnah - - - I couldn't find the 3am Video so I am "shamelessly" offering this one from 2016. My dear friends from Baton Rouge were on the Power Tour and blessed me with a visit so I put a couple racks of Oink Bonz on the Pellet Pooper and we started hanging out in my BBQ shed. The rest is Hystory. If this won't play then "TOO BAD" - - it won't play for me either.

https://youtu.be/Ug2dJF0ddBQ

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”