The Texas BBQ Waitress

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

The Texas BBQ Waitress

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 pm

imageedit_1_5142026554.jpg
imageedit_1_5142026554.jpg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: The Texas BBQ Waitress

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:19 pm

I like her ^^^^^
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:29 pm

Growing up we never had any of that bs. I guess the worlds gone soft. I remember coming home from work about 25 years ago, it was a beautiful day out and my son and 3 of his friends were in the bedroom on computers. I said you kids need to get out. I said to them to be at my house after school the day after. I would take them spearing eels in a small river out of town. The next day I got home and there was about 6 kids wanting to go. They had a good day out.
Kids don't do what I did as a kid.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
allenayres USER_AVATAR
allenayres
Rustler

Postby allenayres » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:34 pm

My poor mama put us 5 kids outside and told us to not come back until she called us for dinner - we rode all over our part of town on bikes by the time we were 6 :)

The biggest issue behind the food fear-mongering is there's money to be made in writing books, publishing articles, and speaking before groups of people all in a rush to appear more pure and devout to the cause du jour. Celiac disease affects less than 1% of the population yet "gluten-free" is a multi-billion $ bidness.
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Russ wrote:Growing up we never had any of that bs. I guess the worlds gone soft. I remember coming home from work about 25 years ago, it was a beautiful day out and my son and 3 of his friends were in the bedroom on computers. I said you kids need to get out. I said to them to be at my house after school the day after. I would take them spearing eels in a small river out of town. The next day I got home and there was about 6 kids wanting to go. They had a good day out.

Russ

That’s a really cool story Russ. I always enjoy showing a youngster the outdoors. It’s a real treat to help a kid land their first fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:30 am

bsooner75 wrote:
Russ wrote:Growing up we never had any of that bs. I guess the worlds gone soft. I remember coming home from work about 25 years ago, it was a beautiful day out and my son and 3 of his friends were in the bedroom on computers. I said you kids need to get out. I said to them to be at my house after school the day after. I would take them spearing eels in a small river out of town. The next day I got home and there was about 6 kids wanting to go. They had a good day out.

Russ

That’s a really cool story Russ. I always enjoy showing a youngster the outdoors. It’s a real treat to help a kid land their first fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had to ring a friend to use 2 vehicles. We used to take the kids camping all the time too. My grandkids love the outdoors as well. A place we used to go the kids would disappear after brekky and not Seen Until lunch and dinner.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:19 am

allenayres wrote:My poor mama put us 5 kids outside and told us to not come back until she called us for dinner - we rode all over our part of town on bikes by the time we were 6 :)

The biggest issue behind the food fear-mongering is there's money to be made in writing books, publishing articles, and speaking before groups of people all in a rush to appear more pure and devout to the cause du jour. Celiac disease affects less than 1% of the population yet "gluten-free" is a multi-billion $ bidness.

Overall I agree. I'm more concerned with the big government types that want to turn these things into excuses to further micro-manage the public. "Free Range" parenting is considered child abuse in some areas, and we could spend all day talking about the various school districts and government agencies that want to tell us and our kids how and what to eat. It all breeds great sheeple though.

As for OUP's original post here...

HellYeah.jpg
HellYeah.jpg (39.39 KiB) Viewed 2907 times
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:07 am

HellYeah.png
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:51 pm

allenayres wrote:My poor mama put us 5 kids outside and told us to not come back until she called us for dinner - we rode all over our part of town on bikes by the time we were 6 :)

I know where ya coming from Allen, we used to explore our countryside or go for bike rides etc.we rode for miles. Mum never seemed to worry about us. We all had a hungry clock built in. Lol. I was always fit as I was always busy. I played rugby league and was in an athletics group. Then girls came along,lmao.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

Bockbock
Cowboy

Postby Bockbock » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 pm

That is funny! I will say that being gluten free is not a fad. I have been gluten free for 9 yrs and I am a Doctor. I can tell you many, many stories of people's lives changing after they go gluten free. I challenge any of you on this forum that are overweight, have joint pain, (back pain, neck pain, headaches, ect...) have brain fog and just don't feel good to go gluten free for 3 months without cheating and it will change your life. Hope someone out there reads this and decides to go for it. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just giving you my 50 cents.
Bockbock
Dillo Q
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:51 am

Bockbock wrote:That is funny! I will say that being gluten free is not a fad. I have been gluten free for 9 yrs and I am a Doctor. I can tell you many, many stories of people's lives changing after they go gluten free. I challenge any of you on this forum that are overweight, have joint pain, (back pain, neck pain, headaches, ect...) have brain fog and just don't feel good to go gluten free for 3 months without cheating and it will change your life. Hope someone out there reads this and decides to go for it. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just giving you my 50 cents.

Bb, I don't doubt you, so I never had any special foods, just every day meat n vege. None of my family or friends are gluten free so I guess it skipped a generation or two, one thing that my grandkids have is excema, I don't know where that comes from. One is not allowed egg product. So I believe you but I'm too old to go gluten free. I appreciate you honest reply.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:08 am

Bockbock wrote:That is funny! I will say that being gluten free is not a fad. I have been gluten free for 9 yrs and I am a Doctor. I can tell you many, many stories of people's lives changing after they go gluten free. I challenge any of you on this forum that are overweight, have joint pain, (back pain, neck pain, headaches, ect...) have brain fog and just don't feel good to go gluten free for 3 months without cheating and it will change your life. Hope someone out there reads this and decides to go for it. Not trying to ruffle any feathers, just giving you my 50 cents.

Just for the record, my post was a general comment, not singling out gluten in particular. :D Can't speak for the others, as the situation is doubtless different in Texas than in the PRC. What I see happening here though is that the message is getting lost in delivery. Gluten Free suffers from everything from being pushed by the "meat is murder" and cow farts cause global warming (but that same methane is OK to burn as natural gas) crowds, to supporters who are just plain militant or push it as a cure all for everything, and push it hard. If the message were delivered a bit more even handedly with respect for everyone to make their own choice, I think it'd gain more traction. Ain't that the case with so much of what goes on in the world today though?

Setting aside the number or deranged fringe groups that push it though, I believe it has some merit. My chiropractor believes in it. A certain rather obnoxious national radio talk show host I used to listen to was rabidly against it, until he tried it. Will it help everyone though? Let's just say I'm iffy, LOL. My own neck, shoulder, and lower back pain are caused by more herniated than good discs in my back, at least one torn one (per MRIs) and "facet changes" (ie spinal bone spurs) all along my spine. If it wasn't for my years doing martial arts teaching me how to block out pain, I'd be non functional. Gluten free PROBABLY isn't going to do much for me, LOL. :mrgreen:

And, there, folks, you get the method to the madness of my humor; it's either laugh or scream and I refuse to let life get me down.
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:30 am

"Had a friend in High School whose Parents were Health Nuts and he ate as Healthy as a person could - - - we all thought he would live forever but he was shot by a jealous Husband at the age of 18" :laughing7: :lol: :D :laughing7: :lol: :D :laughing7: :lol: :D :laughing7: :lol: :D :happ: :happ: :happ: :happ:
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:09 pm

Roflmfao, that's hilarious parts. Just read it to the wife , she nearly spat her hot chocolate out,lol.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:48 am

Reverse the logic and it has an upside.

The less gluten they eat, the more gluten left for us to eat.

:cheers:
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “Those Funny Cowboys”