Colloquial Cuisine

Put your funniest internet jokes + anything that pokes fun at Bubbas.

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Colloquial Cuisine

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:34 pm

One time Beaudreaux and Thibedeaux were driving down to the Bayou to run their trotlines and every time Beaudreax would see a dead animal (road kill) on the road he made Thibedeaux stop so he could get out and draw a circle around it with a piece of chalk he had in his overalls.

Well this went on for several miles until Thibedeaux's curiosity got the best of him and he hollered at Beaudreaux and said. "Podnah, what for you want me to stop at dem dead critters so you can brought yourself a chalk rang around em?"

Beaudreaux grinned and snickered and then said "Well, Thib, iffin wez don't get nuttin on dem der trotlines wez gwine to run, den all of dem dead critters dat wez seez on dat road comin out dat ain't got a rang around dem is gonna be tonights Gumbo"!
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Re: Colloquial Cuisine

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:54 pm

I once watched a special about this guy and his family that would consume Road Kill as thier " normal " diet.
They ate for free pretty much and claimed that they never get sick from the rotten meat because they cook the daylights out of it...

Idk bout that, but they say they are all healthy as can be and never get ill from such things as the common cold or flu.

I don't think I could participate in that lol
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:01 pm

Yeah "BUT" the ones without the circle was "FRESH KILT" don'tcha see :?: :dont: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:09 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Yeah "BUT" the ones without the circle was "FRESH KILT" don'tcha see :?: :dont: :laughing7:
Roger that, I got the the jist of it lol.

Was just reflecting on how people DO eat the rotting ones
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:53 pm

:tup: How close is this Establishment to Y'all :laughing7: :dont:

http://www.roadkillcafepa.com/
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:32 pm

OldUsedParts wrote::tup: How close is this Establishment to Y'all :laughing7: :dont:

http://www.roadkillcafepa.com/
About 3.5 hrs , its about middle of the state but closer to the Ohio side.
russ USER_AVATAR
Russ
Chuck Wagon

Postby Russ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:48 pm

Watched Anthony Bourdain last night on cooking in Louisiana gumbo and Cajun cooking. I enjoyed it. I have to go there. Especially at Mardi Gras.

Russ
4 burner q
Honky hangi
Home smoker.

It costs nothing to be nice. A smile goes a long way.
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Parts mebbe you know or Egghead would, I have heard sly rumors that those really Deep Woods Cajuns hang their fresh killed ducks up on a closet hook a couple weeks to let em season before cookin em. Any truth to that, or just a legend to further help keep non-Acadians out of the best huntin sloughs?

Inquirin minds wanna know.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:08 am

Boots, the Egg Master would be more likely to expand on that one than MOI. However, back when I was a younger Man, I had gone duck hunting with a friend in Deep South Louisiana near Calcasieu Lake and our guide was a French Creole Gentleman. After we finishing hunting we stopped at his place on the way out and I noticed an older lady in the front yard tending to a very large castiron pot with a boat paddle. I just figgered she was boiling some clothes or something until we were leaving. As we walked past the pot she said. "If y'all want to stay around for a couple hours the Gumbo will be ready then"! Just then she stirred the pot with the boat paddle and I saw all kinds of animal parts turn over at the surface. Thank goodness my Friend who was driving gratefully declined and said we needed to get on back to Houston. "WHEW"
:whiteflag: :whiteflag: :whiteflag:
spacetrucker USER_AVATAR
spacetrucker
Chuck Wagon

Postby spacetrucker » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:22 pm

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
Don't count every day, Make every day Count
Good Cue to ya..
Vernon

FEC-100
Webber kettle 22"
Webber genesis