Where BBQ Began

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Where BBQ Began

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:35 pm

Now we have some REAL BBQ brains around here. From KC where BBQ was invented and yes, I do love the sauce. Looking forward to the beginnings of this forum and helpin it grow!
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:49 pm

I coulda swore BBQ began in my Home Sweet Home, Alabama :!: :!: :D
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:54 pm

Big Mike wrote:I coulda swore BBQ began in my Home Sweet Home, Alabama :!: :!: :D

Well c'mon....BBQ 'started' at everyone's house right?? :lol: :D
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:58 pm

I'm pretty sure it must have just been invented in Ohio because nobody here seems to have discovered it yet! :D

They still think Damon's is the home of great BBQ and subscribe to the boil 'em and drown 'em in sauce method of Q'ing. And don't forget the liquid smoke! :shock: :x :P :oops:
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:03 pm

Dallas wrote:I'm pretty sure it must have just been invented in Ohio because nobody here seems to have discovered it yet! :D

They still think Damon's is the home of great BBQ and subscribe to the boil 'em and drown 'em in sauce method of Q'ing. And don't forget the liquid smoke! :shock: :x :P :oops:

True Story
my wife's friend was talkin about how great the Famous Dave's out by the Kansas Speedway was and how she likes BBQ, blah blah, and so I was talkin to her and said that I could smoke up some ribs and brisket for her if she liked.

She was like, really? :shock: , so how do you do it?? So I was going through the motions and she said, so you add liquid smoke and stuff too, right? :?

I was like, :( , no.......and she's born and raised Kansas City!! LOL, I got a good chuckle out of that
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:08 pm

Unfortunately very true and typical. How many times have people told you that they don't think your Q is cooked all the way. It's pink! LOL! :D
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:13 pm

Dallas wrote:Unfortunately very true and typical. How many times have people told you that they don't think your Q is cooked all the way. It's pink! LOL! :D

Funny thing around here, other than the American Royal, there really isin't a ton of Q places and the 'hype' so to speak about BBQ, most people associate KC with steaks and steak joints a plenty around here!!

Many hole in the wall Q joints that are good, get to know the owner, management, etc....most of the time though, like all you, I'm Q'n the stuff at home!
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:24 pm

You men all know BBQ came from Texas, heck, everybody in Texas knows that! :lol:
Last edited by Gator on Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:27 pm

Actually I thought it came from Africa, when the first Europeans met the first African's. After further reflection that's probably how people began to associate BBQ with boiled meat! :D
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:43 pm

My research indicates BBQ was invented by Vikings, an offshoot of cave men, when they smoked their herrings over an oak fire. :shock:

Hey, it's as good an answer as any :lol:
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:45 pm

DATsBBQ wrote:My research indicates BBQ was invented by Vikings, an offshoot of cave men, when they smoked their herrings over an oak fire. :shock:

Hey, it's as good an answer as any :lol:

at least it wasn't mesquite... :lol: :shock: :lol:
hof USER_AVATAR
HOF
Rustler

Postby HOF » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:32 pm

Welcome aboard. I'm shamlesly building post count. Hey, probably like you this is the first time I've been in on the ground floor of a new board. For once, I get to be the guy with a lot of posts. :D
My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:05 pm

Rookie! :D
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:04 pm

Well down at Graham we was taught the pig barn caught on fire down in China and them hawgs was roasted alive..or they started out alive anyway..then some smart chinaman stuck his finger into one of em and put the finger in his mouth and felt like it was an improvement over eating them raw or some such thing. In fact I had a text book with a picture of it one time. May have been the same book which had the illustration of a milk snake sucking milk out of a cow's udder. It been a few years back.

bigwheel

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”