Do Texans Smoke bologna too?

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Should Okies be allowed on a Texas Q Forum?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:21 am

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 12
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:34 pm

SmokyOkie wrote:
mel wrote:just to make sure you could send us all a sample so we all know what you are calling "good" :wink: :lol: :lol:

I got a better idea, since there are so many of you and only one of me, why doesn't everybody come by the SmokyOkie ranch and I'll smoke some up for all.

BTW Mel, I just took a peek @ your website. Can you make me a good HD cover for this?

"Nuther road trip!!! Who's driving???
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:12 pm

nascarchuck wrote:
SmokyOkie wrote:
mel wrote:just to make sure you could send us all a sample so we all know what you are calling "good" :wink: :lol: :lol:

I got a better idea, since there are so many of you and only one of me, why doesn't everybody come by the SmokyOkie ranch and I'll smoke some up for all.

BTW Mel, I just took a peek @ your website. Can you make me a good HD cover for this?

you can chuck

sure can you send me the size :D nice smoker :D thats no balona :lol:
Last edited by mel on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:14 pm

Ahhh ok....did not realize you was speaking of real baloney here. I got a grand prize winning recipe if you ever want to make some from scratch. I will post it over in the recipe section if I can find it.

bigwheel

SmokyOkie wrote:
nascarchuck= wrote:ZZZzzzzzzz........ HUH? What? Did someone call? I was catching a few z's. Oh hey Tim! Welcome to the circus! Lulu is the ringleader.

As for smoking bologna... I hate bologna! :shock:

Well then Chuck, it only stands to reason that you've never had good bologna. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the serious side, good artisan quality bologna is nothing at all like the American bastardizations that you see @ the local supermarkets. The real stuff is more like sausage, though I will admit that most Okie bologna smokers use the grocery store dawgmeat version.
smokyokie USER_AVATAR
SmokyOkie
Pilgrim

Postby SmokyOkie » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:03 pm

mel wrote:
nascarchuck wrote:
SmokyOkie wrote:

you can chuck

I'd rather cook than drive, that's why the invite!

MEL-Which dimensions do you need? The tube is 30x80, the stack is 7" dia., but I don't know the heighth. How much $ do you think it would cost, and how would you design it to where I didn't need a stepladder to take it off?

Maybe we should take this to PMs.
May the thin blue be with you,
Tim
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:36 pm

Hmmm, SmokyOkie shore started out talking big, but haven't heard from him in a while....................
Luaraellou
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope
-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:17 am

mel wrote:
nascarchuck wrote:

you can chuck

You ain't never seen my truck, have ya??? It's an old beater with 190,000 miles on an old 6 cyl... I doubt that it would make it to the OK border muchless Tulsa! :big:
Chuck

smokyokie USER_AVATAR
SmokyOkie
Pilgrim

Postby SmokyOkie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:07 am

copkid wrote:Hmmm, SmokyOkie shore started out talking big, but haven't heard from him in a while....................
Luaraellou

Sorry Lee Ann, Been iced in and w/o power for a few days. You know, kinda functioning in survival mode. Power's back on for some of us now, but now I've got a real game of catch up going on @ work. Never a dull moment! :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Tim
copkid USER_AVATAR
copkid
Chuck Wagon

Postby copkid » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:16 am

SmokyOkie wrote:
copkid wrote:Hmmm, SmokyOkie shore started out talking big, but haven't heard from him in a while....................
Luaraellou

Sorry Lee Ann, Been iced in and w/o power for a few days. You know, kinda functioning in survival mode. Power's back on for some of us now, but now I've got a real game of catch up going on @ work. Never a dull moment! :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Ugh!! Yeh, we been thinking about the poor state of Oklahoma! :cry: I hate ice with a passion. Just give me 10inches of snow anyday! I hope things are getting better for ya!
LJ
Laura

In Valor, There is Hope

-Tacitus

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulders, and your hand over my mouth!
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:24 am

Do sound mighty rough up there in Okiehoma. Hear there is another storm headed thatway too. Guess it too close to the North Pole or something. Been praying hard for all them poor folks without power..water..trees on the roof etc.

bigwheel
tx sandman USER_AVATAR
TX Sandman
Outlaw

Postby TX Sandman » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:38 am

bigwheel wrote:Been praying hard for all them poor folks without power..water..trees on the roof etc.

Me, too, bw.

Sorry to hear you're iced in, Tim. Good luck.
Rob - TX Sandman
Midnight Blue Smokers BBQ Team

"...grilling is fun and tasty, but it isn't brain surgery and the patient won't die if you mess up."
Steven Raichlen
smokyokie USER_AVATAR
SmokyOkie
Pilgrim

Postby SmokyOkie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:48 am

The ice is melted, we were fortunate to get the power back on last night (power surge fried 2 TVs and the ice/water dispenser in our fridge. The real sad oart is all the trees we lost. I personally planted all but one of them 18 years ago. It looks like we've probably lost half of them totally. It's a little like watching a kid grow up ya know.

About 1/3 of the Tulsa metro is still w/o power so I guess we are lucky. No loss of life or limb either.

Thanks for the thoughts all.

Tim
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:22 pm

We got off a little better here, just a foot or so of partly cloudy. Glad your power is back on. Sorry for your loss of trees but trees grow back or can be replaced - at least you're warm and safe.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
smokyokie USER_AVATAR
SmokyOkie
Pilgrim

Postby SmokyOkie » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:13 pm

Where are you?

Tim
mel USER_AVATAR
mel
Bandolero

Postby mel » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:15 pm

TX Sandman wrote:
bigwheel wrote:Been praying hard for all them poor folks without power..water..trees on the roof etc.

Me, too, bw.

same here glad to hear your ok
:D to bad about the trees :cry:
we might wont to hold off on that road trip for a while I hear more is on the way we got a taste of it but most of it passed on by just the taste was plunty for me I would rather have the snow too.
MELs We have you covered
www.mels-bbq-covers.com
made in the USA

1-800-569-3592
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Postby nascarchuck » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:02 pm

mel wrote:
TX Sandman wrote:

Me, too, bw.

same here glad to hear your ok
:D to bad about the trees :cry:
we might wont to hold off on that road trip for a while I hear more is on the way we got a taste of it but most of it passed on by just the taste was plunty for me I would rather have the snow too.

Yeah, I agree. Lets postpone the roadtrip.

Smokie... Glad to hear that y'all are safe and now warm... Was wondering how you "weathered" the storm...
Chuck

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”