New here from Humble.

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

texasbred
Pilgrim

New here from Humble.

Postby texasbred » Wed May 31, 2017 1:10 pm

I'm Dustin and have been a lurker here for a while. I've been smoking bbq and grilling pretty much all my life thanks to my dad, it's kind of forced into every male and every generation of our family. I'm just now getting really into it and dedicated though. I started with an old Weber bullet style to a thin/small New Braunfels(after the buy out and a gift), now I'm restoring an old NBBD smoker(original) than was given to me. My cheap/thin one fell apart when we moved back to Texas from Lafayette. I'll post up a thread when I get done with this one, it'll have some modifications and hopefully look brand new. I do plan on getting a bigger pit one day but the oil field has got me on a budget right now.

Heck I may even know a few of ya'll, I'm originally from the Carthage/Longview area but we've moved around a bit in Texas and a few years in Louisiana. Now we live in the Atascocita area of Humble.
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Re: New here from Humble.

Postby TX1911 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:41 pm

Welcome!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Wed May 31, 2017 4:33 pm

Welcome !!!! :salut:
jwh USER_AVATAR
jwh
Cowboy

Postby jwh » Wed May 31, 2017 8:44 pm

A hearty welcome to ya!
Josh
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:19 pm

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kiwiruss USER_AVATAR
Kiwiruss
Bandolero

Postby Kiwiruss » Wed May 31, 2017 10:07 pm

Kia ora from the pacific.

Russ
Be different.......we love different. :happ:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:57 am

Welcome, Dustin, I was raised in Cleveland just North of Y'all - - - we used to call Humble South Kingwood but you can't tell the difference now - - - good to have you join us so make yourself at home and let's see some pics and posts about your BBQ :tup: :salut: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
texasbred
Pilgrim

Postby texasbred » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll start a thread after I get more into the pit rebuild but here are a few. I remember eating the first brisket ever cooked on this little pit. My dad gave it to me and he is getting a smaller custom built.

It's getting wire wheeled and painted. Paint color is flat black with clear coat. 2,000 degree on the firebox and 1,200 degree on the cook chamber. I'm replacing the small mini counter top with 1 solid stained piece, replacing the handles and spacing them away from the lids a little more. I'm also sealing the firebox to cook chamber, both lids, scraping the inside to re-season, making a deflector plate, new piece of steel in the bottom of the firebox, all new stainless hardware, horizon convection plate and trying to source a chimney cap with damper. The final step will be new casters on all for legs, two locking.

I did cook on it Memorial Day though before I started the refurbish. I did a brisket, I forgot to take pictures before we cut it. My wife and I were too excited to eat. It didn't quite bark up like I wanted but I think that's in my seasoning.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:22 pm

Great smoke ring and lots of juice - - - who needs bark ? :tup: :salut: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”