Brew city Texan

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tims USER_AVATAR
TimS
Pilgrim

Brew city Texan

Postby TimS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:08 pm

Howdy from Milwaukee! :santa:
Originally from the Rio Grande Valley, I am currently living in the great white north. I missed the smoked brisket and polish sausage I grew up with so a few years ago I bought a low-cost offset smoker and set off on a new hobby. The learning curve was steep but once I learned how to keep the process consistent the results have been fantastic. These past few years I have improved my tools by adding a pellet feeder in place of the off-set fire box, and most recently by building my own vertical smoker from scratch. I'll post that project on the forum, but here is a picture of it unfinished.

This forum is full of great information and I hope to make a meaningful contribution to the discussion.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers.
:stir:
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Re: Brew city Texan

Postby GRailsback » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:42 pm

Welcome TimS, my wife just returned home from there. She is from Hartland outside of Milwaukee. Milwaukee is a great blue collar town. Good luck with your cooking up there in cold country.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Howdy and Welcome :texas: - - - :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:23 pm

Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tims USER_AVATAR
TimS
Pilgrim

Postby TimS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:51 pm

GRailsback wrote:Welcome TimS, my wife just returned home from there. She is from Hartland outside of Milwaukee. Milwaukee is a great blue collar town. Good luck with your cooking up there in cold country.

I live in a small town called Vernon about 20 miles from MKE, and work in Pewaukee which is next door to Hartland. After moving up here from TX I had to learn weird new activities, like ice fishing and sledding. Good news though, they have Shiner Bock up here.. :salut:
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Shiner Bock :?: just had me a bottle with some Fried Catfish at Willie's Grill and Icehouse - - yum yum :tup: :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:55 pm

They also have spotted cow, which is a very good local beer up there. I have some of it here in my ice box as well. I also have a brother in law that lives in pewaukee. And the Butler in of peewaukee is a very good restaurant.
tims USER_AVATAR
TimS
Pilgrim

Postby TimS » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:30 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Shiner Bock :?: just had me a bottle with some Fried Catfish at Willie's Grill and Icehouse - - yum yum :tup: :cheers:

Oh yeah! I miss fried catfish all right. They say the walleye up here is the best, but to me it is just another light white fish. Fried okra is hard to find too, but I have my sources. :laughing7: I got some Texas gulf shrimp thawing in the kitchen right now, need to throw them on the grill. Yee haw!
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Now I'm jealous - - think I'll do some ABT's over Kingsford tomorrow - - I'm having Charcoal withdrawals :tup: :salut:
williep USER_AVATAR
Williep
Outlaw

Postby Williep » Sat Dec 30, 2017 6:56 am

Welcome to the forum !! :salut:

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”