New From Denver

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Fig_n_Pig
Pilgrim

New From Denver

Postby Fig_n_Pig » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Everyone:

New here and really appreciate all the advice. Currently in the market for a stick burner so I hope to get some valuable information from all the veterans on here.
Tools:
Weber Summit S-470
Weber Kettle Premium 22"
Masterbuilt Electric Barrel Smoker
txsmkmstr USER_AVATAR
txsmkmstr
Bandolero

Re: New From Denver

Postby txsmkmstr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Welcome to our little slice of the Internet.... Glad you found us.

In your quest to find a stick burner I would recommend you start here.....

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31407

Now, I have no affiliation with that ad whatsoever but can tell you that there are a LOT of good pit manufactures our there that have great reviews. Not sure of your price range but sometimes it pays to save a little longer and get a REPUTABLE pit. I'm a big fan of Lone Star Grillz but if you're in a hurry that link is a pretty solid deal IMHO.
Custom LSG 24x40 - 36" Blackstone - (others - R & O FatGirl, ETSC RK-250, Tejas 1628 - all sold)
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Welcome!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Howdy
guyeddie
Pilgrim

Postby guyeddie » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:48 pm

Welcome to the community!
Looking forward to more camping trip with my family. I need a new tonneau cover to secure my equipment and pit.
Fig_n_Pig
Pilgrim

Postby Fig_n_Pig » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:38 am

Thanks everyone!

txsmkmstr - I've taken a look at the Gator pits and they look amazing. I've started a thread in the offset area of the page looking for advice between the Yoder Loaded Wichita and the Horizon 20" Special RD. In Denver, we have dealers of both pits and if I could buy one off the rack to save some shipping, it would be great. Looking to stay between $2-2.5K with shipping if possible.

Only thing I know I won't do is got to Big Box Orange or Big Box Blue and buy a COS!
Tools:
Weber Summit S-470
Weber Kettle Premium 22"
canadian smoker USER_AVATAR
Canadian Smoker
Rustler

Postby Canadian Smoker » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Welcome to the TBF....from the Great White North.
Tools:
Horizon Marshal 20" RD Special Offset
22" Weber Master Touch (limited edition smoke color)
Large BGE
Napoleon Gasser

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe,and it has a longer shelf life."
Frank Zappa"
Fig_n_Pig
Pilgrim

Postby Fig_n_Pig » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:21 am

Thanks Canadian Smoker. How do you like your Horizon Marshall? It’s the exact model that I’m contemplating purchasing.
Tools:
Weber Summit S-470
Weber Kettle Premium 22"
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:55 am

Howdy and Welcome, Rocky Mtn. Newbie, I think you'll enjoy what this Forum and it's members have to offer the BBQ Lover. I spent 5 wonderful years in Summit County Colo at 10,000' and I do know what problems cooking some foods at a higher "Attitude" presents - - - never forget my first pot of Pinto Beans - - - how was I to know that water boiled at 180 where my stove sat. :D :lol: :laughing7:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
canadian smoker USER_AVATAR
Canadian Smoker
Rustler

Postby Canadian Smoker » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:31 am

Fig_n_Pig wrote:Thanks Canadian Smoker. How do you like your Horizon Marshall? It’s the exact model that I’m contemplating purchasing.

I like it alot...its nice having that sliding tuning plate ...makes for keeping temps a little easier.
Tools:
Horizon Marshal 20" RD Special Offset
22" Weber Master Touch (limited edition smoke color)
Large BGE
Napoleon Gasser

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe,and it has a longer shelf life."
Frank Zappa"
Fig_n_Pig
Pilgrim

Postby Fig_n_Pig » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:33 pm

OldUsedParts wrote:Howdy and Welcome, Rocky Mtn. Newbie, I think you'll enjoy what this Forum and it's members have to offer the BBQ Lover. I spent 5 wonderful years in Summit County Colo at 10,000' and I do know what problems cooking some foods at a higher "Attitude" presents - - - never forget my first pot of Pinto Beans - - - how was I to know that water boiled at 180 where my stove sat. :D :lol: :laughing7:

Thanks OldUsed Parts. Your comment on pinto beans sounds exactly like my first experience. Growing up in the Midwest made me used to cooking with humidity and the first time I tried to smoke baked beans here turned into a hockey puck. It's one of the reasons I'm worried about my pending offset smoker purchase: the amount of wood and coals that a stick burner will go through at +/- 6,000 feet with 10% humidity!
Tools:
Weber Summit S-470
Weber Kettle Premium 22"
Fig_n_Pig
Pilgrim

Postby Fig_n_Pig » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Canadian Smoker wrote:
Fig_n_Pig wrote:Thanks Canadian Smoker. How do you like your Horizon Marshall? It’s the exact model that I’m contemplating purchasing.

I like it alot...its nice having that sliding tuning plate ...makes for keeping temps a little easier.

The adjustable tuning plate is what has me leaning towards the Horizon vs the Yoder, so I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your rig.
Tools:
Weber Summit S-470
Weber Kettle Premium 22"

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”