Old member second post.

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

smellthatsmoke
Pilgrim

Old member second post.

Postby smellthatsmoke » Mon May 28, 2018 12:04 am

Hello everyone.
My name is Michael. I live in the northwest Houston area. I actually joined this forum way back in 2009, but I never posted or introduced myself. Back then I was on all the forums...I spent most of my time on barbecue news forum. I sure do miss those days. Anyway...I just purchased an old country upright smokehouse smoker from Academy. I searched google for any tips/mods for this smoker and a thread from this forum came up. Since I was reading the information here I figured I should introduce myself.
I am originally from St. Louis, Mo. I started my barbecue adventure in the mid 90's. St. Louis has a barbecue culture, but I knew nothing of it when I was growing up. In St. Louis in the late 70's early 80's barbecue in my family and many like mine was pork steaks, chicken and brats.
After I moved out and got married and had ate at several BBQ restaurants I wanted to learn how to make pork ribs. My wife's boss gave us and old brinkman smoke-n-pit barrel grill. I began searching the internet for techniques and recipes. Eventually I added a side fire box to that pit and stared to turn out real BBQ. I still have that pit to this day. They don't make brinkman's like that anymore. We moved to Texas around 2007 and I loved the Texas barbecue culture. We traveled to the hill country many many times trying most of the central Texas joints.
Houston has so many great BBQ places now. Its really great how its grown in the last 10 or so years.
It took until I was 45, but I finally have a stickburning smoker that can handle more than just 1 brisket or a couple racks of ribs. This thing can handle at least 12 pork butts or 6 briskets.
I look forward to talking with all of you.
2 Old smokey's
Weber 22
Brinkmann S-N-P
Brinkmann gasser
Masterbuilt electric smokehouse
Old Country smokehouse
A few other small portable grills
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: Old member second post.

Postby Rambo » Mon May 28, 2018 6:44 am

Welcome from East Texas
tx1911 USER_AVATAR
TX1911
Deputy

Postby TX1911 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:12 am

Welcome back from the southwest side of town!
Custom 24x48 offset trailer pit
Weber Smokefire EX6
Vision B Series kamado
Race Crew Drum
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Mon May 28, 2018 8:47 am

Howdy and Welcome from the West Bank of Lake Conroe :tup:
Looking forward to your input and cooks :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Postby bsooner75 » Mon May 28, 2018 10:03 am

Welcome aboard …or back…oh heck just WELCOME! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”