New here from eastern Washington

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

WoodyQ
Pilgrim

New here from eastern Washington

Postby WoodyQ » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:57 pm

Howdy, my name is Woody. I'm in northeast Washington state, about an hour and a half north of Spokane. Our winters are cold here and we are unable to BBQ in the winter. Can't seem to get anything hot enough to burn, not to mention the snow on my grill. I currently grill/smoke on a modified CharGriller with a side firebox. I added some length to the stack and put in baffle plates to help even out the heat. My preferred fuel is oak, almond, cherry and apple when I can find it. All of that wood I have to go to Calif. to get since we don't have any hardwood here. We can get chunks in the bag here, but I prefer splits.
I have plans to build a trailer mounted reverse flow in the near future. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can before starting so I can do it right the first time. My plan is to build an insulated smoker so I can use it in the winter. I'm hoping to find a used trailer, which will be a challenge where I live. The metal supplies, plate and squared tube are about 100 miles away. This should be quite an adventure, but looking forward to having a grill/smoker that will work for me year round.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Re: New here from eastern Washington

Postby Rambo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:20 pm

A big welcome to you from East Texas
rms827 USER_AVATAR
rms827
Bandolero

Postby rms827 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:47 am

Welcome to the party. :mrgreen:

Plenty of stick burner users here, and grill builders as well. Just about all of them very talented too. Hang around, share some pics and recipes, and read away. You'll probably learn as much as I have. :D :cheers:
Rec Tec 680
Weber 22" Premium Kettle Grill in Green

"Nobody Beats Me in the Kitchen" - Casey Ryback (Steven Seagal - Under Siege 2)
Life's Too Short for Bad BBQ.
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:11 am

Howdy and Welcome, WoodyQ - - - - :tup: :texas:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
limey USER_AVATAR
limey
Deputy

Postby limey » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:41 am

Big Welcome :D
How bout some more beans Mr.Taggert? I'd say you've had enough!
R & O Custom Trailer
Weber 22.5 Gold
Weber 22.5 Smoky Mountain
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn Edition
Limey BBQ Co. Competition Team
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Howdy Woody, your arrival is very timely, it seems the big Pitmaster of the universe has blessed us in a way you could not have known. We very recently lost our delegate from Eastern Washington, a consummate gentleman named BondoBill, to a sudden illness. Bondo was sincerely loved and respected by all, was a valued contributor here to life on the Forum, is sorely missed, and it seems only fitting that a new Washingtonian step up to take Bondo's place of honor. Welcome very much to the Forum, we are happy to have you here, and hope that you will enjoy it every bit as much as Bondo did.

Salute! :texas:
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
WoodyQ
Pilgrim

Postby WoodyQ » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:14 pm

Thank ya all very much. I have been a visitor to this site many times. Been getting by on the old CharGriller for too long. Retired now and can start getting my plans to build a grill. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions. Thanks again.
copasspupil USER_AVATAR
Copasspupil
Outlaw

Postby Copasspupil » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:35 am

Welcome from the wet side. Enumclaw be precise. Try getting for fruit wood from central Washington and Bondo was from western Washington near Laconnor.
Danno

'66 GT350S clone
Custom built smoker named Seal Team
Santa Maria Grill names GrumpyD'sBBQ
Weber stainless gas grill when I want to cook a hotdog

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”