Welder and fabricator in Phoenix building a offset smoker

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Fabkid33
Wrangler

Welder and fabricator in Phoenix building a offset smoker

Postby Fabkid33 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:32 pm

Can anyone give advice if 3/16 wall thickness is ok for a offset smoker build out of a 24 inch diameter water tank and it's 88 inch in length and I'm going to build a double insulated fire box on it ?
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: Welder and fabricator in Phoenix building a offset smoker

Postby OldUsedParts » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:17 pm

I'm surprised that someone didn't respond to your other post asking this question. :dont: Of course this is the week of July 4th Holiday so a lot of members may be out getting some R&R. I imagine you probably want to melt some metal this weekend so hang on and ?hopefully? someone who's qualified will answer you soon. :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
grailsback USER_AVATAR
GRailsback
Chuck Wagon

Postby GRailsback » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:41 pm

There is a member on here that I consider to be one of the resident experts in pit building. He goes by KAM on here. If he doesn't reply to this relatively soon, which he usually does, here is a link and you can reach out and send him a private message.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7866
Fabkid33
Wrangler

Postby Fabkid33 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:45 am

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”