New member from NJ

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

deadhead
Pilgrim

New member from NJ

Postby deadhead » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:49 am

Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I stumbled across this forum. I've been fooling around with various smokers over the years with differing degrees of success in my cooks. My family has an affinity for pork products so ribs (spare ribs) and shoulder have been in regular rotation. This year I purchased a Meadow Creek BX25 Box smoker and want to get into brisket. Costco has opened a business center within a 1/2 hour drive of my primary residence and they have prime packer brisket for $3.59 per pound. They're hard enough to find around here at any price so this is an excellent deal in my mind. I'm going to take my first shot in a couple of weeks.

I look forward to reading and learning from others on the board. I hope I can add something to the discussion. I no longer drink but have extensive experience with wine and would be happy to chime in if anyone needs help with pairings or collecting strategies.

Jeff
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Re: New member from NJ

Postby OldUsedParts » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:53 am

Howdy and Welcome to the Forum - - - - I think you'll find the members here the best BBQ bunch to hang out with so make yourself at home and enjoy :tup: :salut:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:34 am

Howdy from east Texas. we have some fine members from your region of the Country. Enjoy, ask questions, and post pictures
deadhead
Pilgrim

Postby deadhead » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:39 pm

Thank you both for the warm welcome. First question, how do styles vary from east Texas to west Texas? I know Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina and have regional differences.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:44 pm

East Texas is heavily timbered with good soil(s) and above average rainfall. West Texas is dry, Hot, and very little vegetation
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:43 pm

Welcome from a former Garden State occupier.
What part of Jersey ?
deadhead
Pilgrim

Postby deadhead » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:35 pm

We live in Westfield but my smoker lives on LBI where we have a weekend place.

Rambo, I should have been more specific in my question. I was asking about the differences (if any) in barbecue styles across the state.
woodenvisions USER_AVATAR
woodenvisions
Chuck Wagon

Postby woodenvisions » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:51 pm

deadhead wrote:We live in Westfield but my smoker lives on LBI where we have a weekend place.

Rambo, I should have been more specific in my question. I was asking about the differences (if any) in barbecue styles across the state.
I know Westfield , I lived on Lake Hopatcong/Landing for 38 years.
I know that stretch of area near Summit Watching and Chatham, gotta love the traffic on 22 and 28 huh

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”