Hello from the Brazos @ the old Chisholm Trail

Where 'ya from? Whadda 'ya cook on? Tell us a little about yourself. Is there a bounty on your head?

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

TL Parnell
Wrangler

Hello from the Brazos @ the old Chisholm Trail

Postby TL Parnell » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:23 am

:D Howdy ya'll! Glad to finally find a BBQ forum! I've been experimenting with cooking BBQ for about 30 years now, finally got it to where it'll sell & I like it! I built my own pit out of an old air compressor tank, used a section of 18 inch oil field case for a firebox, I've built several pits, but this one cooks better than any of the rest & is by far, the ugliest! LOL! I live on the Brazos river, therefore, when not cooking BBQ for a local cafe, I'm running my lines & cleaning fish. :)
God loves you & so do I, in the precious name of Jesus
catfish USER_AVATAR
catfish
Pilgrim

Re: Hello from the Brazos @ the old Chisholm Trail

Postby catfish » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:32 am

TL Parnell wrote: :D I live on the Brazos river, therefore, when not cooking BBQ for a local cafe, I'm running my lines & cleaning fish. :)

now that's the life right there ... envy is a sin ain't it? :lol:
it looks more like it does now than it did a while ago
Bill
Rustler

Postby Bill » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:50 am

Welcome! :) Post some pics of your pits when you get time. 8)
big mike USER_AVATAR
Big Mike
Cowboy

Postby Big Mike » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:45 am

Howdy TL
Mike

Eagle River BBQ
hof USER_AVATAR
HOF
Rustler

Postby HOF » Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:58 am

TL your're living one of my dreams. :D
My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it.
dallas USER_AVATAR
Dallas
Rustler

Postby Dallas » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:28 am

Welcome TL, we'd love to see some pictures of that pit!
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 am

Welcome! Yes, do post a pic of that pit. :D
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee
TL Parnell
Wrangler

Re: Hello from the Brazos @ the old Chisholm Trail

Postby TL Parnell » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:38 pm

catfish wrote:
TL Parnell wrote: :D I live on the Brazos river, therefore, when not cooking BBQ for a local cafe, I'm running my lines & cleaning fish. :)

now that's the life right there ... envy is a sin ain't it? :lol:
:wink: Yeah, its a crappy job, but someone has to do it! LOL!! Thanks to all of ya'll for the warm welcome, it is sleeting here right now, I will try to get a picture of my old pit asap! I need to do some welding repair on it as soon as it clears up some! I like to cook with a mix of mesquite, oak & pecan wood. No meat needs to smoke any longer 2-3 hours, any longer than that & it takes on a bitter taste! I smoke meats for about 2 1/2 hours, then put in a covered roasting pan & finish it in its own juices! There are a lot of commercial seasonings for BBQ, but I mix my own spices. I make my own sauce too, it originated on the old Chisholm Trail according to history, I added a few of my own touches to it so I could call it my own. I live very near to the old town Of Kimball Bend, it was a booming place during the Chisholm Trail days, it still has the old ruins of the buildings, but is a ghost town now, there was a ferry across the Brazos way back when! There is a wealth of Texas history here in my back yard! My grandmother was born here in 1899 & died in 1992! She saw a lot of changes in this old world!
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Postby SteerCrazy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:39 pm

Welcome aboard TL
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Hey TL..welcome. I bees an old partly Brazos River raised boy myself..in the general vicinity of Graham...which prob be closer North than Central Texas in the geography bee. Whut town(s) you in the general vicinity of down there? If you dont mind a person being nosey of course:)

bigwheel
TL Parnell
Wrangler

Postby TL Parnell » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:45 pm

bigwheel wrote:Hey TL..welcome. I bees an old partly Brazos River raised boy myself..in the general vicinity of Graham...which prob be closer North than Central Texas in the geography bee. Whut town(s) you in the general vicinity of down there? If you dont mind a person being nosey of course:)

bigwheel
My post office is in a little town called Kopperl, Texas, 76652. Glad to hear from ya! The Brazos river seems to have taken an uncharted turn through my soul! I've roamed it's banks biggest part of my life, ever since I was big enough to walk & keep up with my granddaddy!
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Well had to go do a little Googling on that one but now I got the idear of where you bees. Thanks.

bigwheel
TL Parnell
Wrangler

Postby TL Parnell » Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:04 pm

bigwheel wrote:Well had to go do a little Googling on that one but now I got the idear of where you bees. Thanks.

bigwheel
I is about 25 miles south of Cleburne, which is 30 miles south of Cowtown on S.H. 174, just past Blum! that puts me at 60 miles south of Cowtown & 60 miles north of Waco, Tx! :wink:
Last edited by TL Parnell on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Gotcha...great country down in there. Got some good chums down in Sommerville County. That be the bunch who orders them flimsy nighties and high heel shoes from Victoria's Secret Closet made to fit them sweet smelling Nanny Goats they got down there. You ever happen to bump into a fella name Belly Maynard by any chance? He the one who got arrested simply for trying to help the Nanny get over the fence one dark night. Shoulda been in the local papers a few years back.

bigwheel
CoyoteBlues
Rustler

Postby CoyoteBlues » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:56 pm

Welcome ...and sounds like me and you will get along fine....hunting , running trotline and BBQing....what a life 8) :D

Return to “WANTED POSTERS - New Member Introductions”