Tony's Barbecue

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Tony's Barbecue

Postby DaHorns » Thu May 24, 2007 8:53 pm

Honestly, up until today I hadn't had really BAD BBQ. But as we all know all good things must come to an end. I had to pick up a new load of oak today in Liberty Hill then shoot out to Kingsland to pick up my 2006 taxes. On the way out we stopped at this little place on the side of Hwy 29 between Bertram & Burnet called Tony's Barbecue. I decided on the "Thursday Special-Rib Plate" for $8.00 and a sausage wrap, I figured that it would be 2-3 ribs and 2 sides. Well they brought out the container and I opened it and to my suprise there were NO ribs in the container, none, nada, zilch!!! But there were a few scraps of what resembled ribs tips, with the texture of sawdust and a similar taste I think it was cooked a few days ago and warmed back up in a microwave. Needless to say I was VERY disappointed. I thought the sides might make it better, NOPE. H.E.B potato salad and some Ranch Style beans, more disappointment. Lisa got the brisket sammich I had high hopes when I saw her unwrap it, then she pulled the bun off to add some bbq sauce, the meat had almost a 1/2" of fat attached to the slices of brisket, and there was something green in the fat. Oh well live and learn, right? My advice to you is pass it up and hit one of the ones in Burnet, Buchanan darn........

P.S.-The sausage wrap was horrible as well, on bite and it went in the trash too. On the positive side, the Dr. Pepper was good.......

This was definitly the WORST bbq I have ever had.......I can't wait to hear some more of y'alls stories!!!
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
steercrazy USER_AVATAR
SteerCrazy
Retired Lawman

Re: Tony's Barbecue

Postby SteerCrazy » Thu May 24, 2007 9:06 pm

DaHorns wrote:Honestly, up until today I hadn't had really BAD BBQ. But as we all know all good things must come to an end. I had to pick up a new load of oak today in Liberty Hill then shoot out to Kingsland to pick up my 2006 taxes. On the way out we stopped at this little place on the side of Hwy 29 between Bertram & Burnet called Tony's Barbecue. I decided on the "Thursday Special-Rib Plate" for $8.00 and a sausage wrap, I figured that it would be 2-3 ribs and 2 sides. Well they brought out the container and I opened it and to my suprise there were NO ribs in the container, none, nada, zilch!!! But there were a few scraps of what resembled ribs tips, with the texture of sawdust and a similar taste I think it was cooked a few days ago and warmed back up in a microwave. Needless to say I was VERY disappointed. I thought the sides might make it better, NOPE. H.E.B potato salad and some Ranch Style beans, more disappointment. Lisa got the brisket sammich I had high hopes when I saw her unwrap it, then she pulled the bun off to add some bbq sauce, the meat had almost a 1/2" of fat attached to the slices of brisket, and there was something green in the fat. Oh well live and learn, right? My advice to you is pass it up and hit one of the ones in Burnet, Buchanan darn........

P.S.-The sausage wrap was horrible as well, on bite and it went in the trash too. On the positive side, the Dr. Pepper was good.......

This was definitly the WORST bbq I have ever had.......I can't wait to hear some more of y'alls stories!!!

wow, that does sound bad....hope there was a Taco Bell or Mickey D's nearby :shock: :lol:
osd USER_AVATAR
OSD
Retired Lawman

Postby OSD » Thu May 24, 2007 9:34 pm

Makes you wonder how some places stay in business. :shock: :(
Jim
nascarchuck USER_AVATAR
nascarchuck
Retired Lawman

Re: Tony's Barbecue

Postby nascarchuck » Thu May 24, 2007 10:03 pm

DaHorns wrote:

Must have been Dublin DP, huh???
Chuck

http://cookinwithchuck.blogspot.com - Updated 01/10/10

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Fri May 25, 2007 7:06 am

DaHorns,

When I get bad BBQ it is usually just taste bad - sounds like you ran into a place serving something from outter space. There should be a law on Texas that if you have a BBQ sign outisde, then you have to actually serve BBQ! Ribs with no bones - I want my money back!!!
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Postby Tex » Sun May 27, 2007 9:10 am

its especially amazing that you can be in "the land of good BBQ" and find stuff that bad.....havent they tried their neighbors stuff down the road???

I was out in that neck of the woods last weekend and saw that place. You saved me a trip!

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”