Coopers - Big Chop

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Coopers - Big Chop

Postby Tex » Tue May 29, 2007 11:04 pm

I had my first big chop at Coopers in Llano this weekend. I've always gotten the same everytime (ribs, brisket, & sausage) but they're known for the big chop. This day was gonna be the day that i break out of the tradition a bit. I gotta say, it was so good im thinking about getting a tattoo of one on my left arm!! cooked about as perfectly as you can cook a 2 inch thick pork chop...i dont even know how to describe it, other than go get one yourself and then y'all tell me what you think.

My last visit to Coopers was probably the most disappointing visit ever to a BBQ joint. I had been there about 15 times before and was bringing a friend who had never had really good Q (in my book). there was so much hype built into the trip you wouldnt believe. We got there ordered up like half a cow, and some pig and got to eating......it was like they had poured a bucket of salt on everything, it was horrible. I had been some times before when they were off, and had heard recent things about them being inconsistent a lot lately, but this was beyond that. My heart was crushed, and i was embarrassed. needless to say, i was a little hesitant to go back this time, but they pulled through. They're just one of those places that has a hard time sometimes reaching the bar that they have set so high. thats why i like to give a new place a couple of trys before i really come to a solid conclusion.

Coopers still is one of my favorites, but beware, they can be hit or miss sometimes. My rule of thumb is to try to never hit a bbq joint after about 1:30 or 2:00 PM.
tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Postby Tex » Tue May 29, 2007 11:18 pm

gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Postby Gator » Wed May 30, 2007 6:08 am

Tex,

I have stared down those chops myself - but never ordered one. Often wondered how tender they would be. Guess I'll have to give it a try next time. I love the brisket so much that it's hard to order anythine else. Thanks for the review.
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”