Old House BBQ, Lewisville TX

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

Craig
Pilgrim

Old House BBQ, Lewisville TX

Postby Craig » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Has anyone eaten at this place? It's at IH-35E and 407 in Lewisville and has recently re-opened as "Old House BBQ." It's been a BBQ joint as long as I remember, but the last place only lasted a couple of months it seemed. The new place is packed every time I go by.
dheidemann USER_AVATAR
dheidemann
Rustler

Re: Old House BBQ in Lewisville

Postby dheidemann » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:41 pm

have not tried it yet.... looks like i might have to get up there and try it....
UDS

ImageImage

Missing Jamesb every day!!!
ikiru USER_AVATAR
ikiru
Wrangler

Postby ikiru » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:48 pm

ok, you made me go by last week!

To me, the brisket and sausage is typical of what you get here in these parts (a good step up from Spring Creek/Colters/etc), but for me, the real winner is their ribs. I can't quite place the flavor, but the rub they use is very good! It has been a while since I have been impressed with ribs, but I really dig these ones! If I go back, it will be for the ribs.

I will surely try them again.

Good luck!
grillatarian USER_AVATAR
Grillatarian
Rustler

Postby Grillatarian » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 pm

As it was stated, this is a BBQ turnover joint with several names over the past 8-10yrs. Lately it has been getting a lot of traffic so Bigdaddydanbbq and decided to give it a shot for lunch today. We both went for the "Big Tex", a honkin' two meat combo sandwich (brisket and jalapeno sausage) that comes with two sides.
BDDbbq may log on later and give his take on it, for me the brisket was delicious and what I expect when I order it chopped. It had good bark that complimented the tender and moist meat and let you know it had been properly introduced to smoke. Maybe not as good as our backyard Q.....but better than most we've had at the local joints. The jalapeno sausage was good...but it could just come that way. Don't know if there is anything that they bring to it other than some heat and a knife. Still, it was very good heaped up on the brisket. Make you want to spew Ruby's all over the wall.

They have two sauces, reg. and spicy. I tasted both and then blended mine to find my happy place. BDDbba just drank up the spicy and smiled ....''what?" I think he has a "LODGE" imprint for a belly button.

We both found things that we would do different with the sides. The beans were O.K. and the fried okra about what you find most places. But to me the sides are curtains and not the main feature.
We have decided that another visit is in order. We will do a two-meat plate to sample the brisket and ribs. Hard job, but someone has to do it!
"I don't always smoke meat, but when I do...I use a drum. Stay hungry my friends!"
newbq USER_AVATAR
NewBQ
Outlaw

Postby NewBQ » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:56 am

Ok, I'll try it!
bigdaddydanbbq USER_AVATAR
bigdaddydanbbq
Wrangler

Postby bigdaddydanbbq » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:40 pm

Old House BBQ is worthy of a stop. The folks are friendly and the Q is very good,I can vouch for the brisket and japaleeno sausage samich. I plan to return soon, and sample the ribs. :texas:
Oklahoma Joe New Braunfels and Big Blue Q UDS
grillatarian USER_AVATAR
Grillatarian
Rustler

Postby Grillatarian » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:09 pm

Finally made it back for ribs. Yummmm! They were on the money. Every Wed. Beef Rib Plate is the special. Beef ribs and two sides - $7.99........I'll be back!
:mrgreen:
"I don't always smoke meat, but when I do...I use a drum. Stay hungry my friends!"
davidtxs USER_AVATAR
Davidtxs
Bandolero

Postby Davidtxs » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 pm

Well gettin closer to Plano now would SOMEONE open a mom and pop place in Plano PLEASE
When I grow up I wanna be EITHER

Jethro Gibbs thats TW0 B's Second is for
OR
Redneck Cooker "watch out Trigg"
So If any teams want a reasonable website let me know
mramsey USER_AVATAR
mramsey
Rustler

Postby mramsey » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:46 am

Craig wrote:Has anyone eaten at this place? It's at IH-35E and 407 in Lewisville and has recently re-opened as "Old House BBQ." It's been a BBQ joint as long as I remember, but the last place only lasted a couple of months it seemed. The new place is packed every time I go by.

I have eaten there a couple of times. The food was average. The potato salad comes from a box, sorry...turn off for me. Veggies are floating in oil.
azturbomini
Pilgrim

Postby azturbomini » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:32 pm

Sorry to drudge up a old post...
I moved to AZ in 99 from Lewisville and the bbq joint y'all are speaking about smoked by Far the best Bologna ever made. Bologna you ask? This was Bologna from heaven. Lol

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”