Teague BBQ in Burnet

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

joe USER_AVATAR
joe
Pilgrim

Teague BBQ in Burnet

Postby joe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:29 pm

I decided to try Burnet County BBQ a while back but when I got there, they weren't open. But just a block or two to the east (on Hwy 29 just west of 281) I found Teague BBQ. They got a smoker in the back with lotsa smoke coming out, so I decided to give it a try. I had the 3 meat plate ($8.50 :D ) and I gotta say the brisket was really good! The sausage was Elgin and therefore wasn't bad. The pork ribs were good too, but not as good as the brisket. I asked Teague about Burnet County BBQ and he said their OOB. Anyway, this place is worth a try, I've been back 3 times since I first discovered it.
bowhnter USER_AVATAR
bowhnter
Chuck Wagon

Postby bowhnter » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:40 pm

Cool, thanks for the tip!
Mike

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber 26”, 22”, and Jumbo Joe
Weber Genesis
Ooni Pro Pizza oven
Blackstone 22 and 36
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:40 pm

Not in my area, but you never know when. Will keep it in mind, What the heck am I thinking. I cant remember what happen yesterday. But will try, nice find :) CF
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank
tex USER_AVATAR
Tex
Wrangler

Postby Tex » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 am

Burnet County BBQ is out of business?!!!

dang, thats a shame if true. they had some good Q. I'll have to try Teague.

there are a couple of really good places just down the road in Marble Falls as well.
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:11 pm

Tex wrote:Burnet County BBQ is out of business?!!!

dang, thats a shame if true. they had some good Q. I'll have to try Teague.

there are a couple of really good places just down the road in Marble Falls as well.
Yep, I went by there on Friday and the place was pretty much deserted. Kinda sad, I met the young man who was running the place and he seemed to be a really nice guy. One thing that place had was a HUGE chopping block in the corner that was originally owned by the first owner of the joint. I wonder if he sold that thing.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team
Gator Predator
When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
joe USER_AVATAR
joe
Pilgrim

Postby joe » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:15 am

Here's a pic of some Q I brought back from Teague BBQ the other day.

Oh, I forgot to mention they have some really nice sauce too.
hornian
Pilgrim

Postby hornian » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:48 pm

joe wrote:Here's a pic of some Q I brought back from Teague BBQ the other day.

It looks like they sliced that brisket WITH the grain. If that is the case they have lost all credibility in my eyes.
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:21 pm

hornian wrote:
joe wrote:Here's a pic of some Q I brought back from Teague BBQ the other day.

It looks like they sliced that brisket WITH the grain. If that is the case they have lost all credibility in my eyes.
I too noticed that......Kinda strange to see that from a bbq joint........ :roll:
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

When people realize what is really important in life there will be a shortage of fishing rods.
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:02 pm

We stopped here after having our taxes done, needed something to pick me up after the kick in the groin that my taxes became.
I ordered the special, which was the sausage plate with jalapeno pintos and tater salad, I also got 2 spares on the side. I have never seen such a pile of sausage on a plate at a restaurant, it was Elgin Southside Market sausage so it was pretty good. The beans were pretty good, and the tater salad seemed homemade, and was really good. Then came the ribs, they were pretty tender, but had not rub or seasoning applied to them. I used a little of their sauce and it was good as well.

Lisa ordered the pulled pork sandwich, which didn't resemble or taste like any pulled pork we have ever seen. She ate about half of the sandwich and tossed the rest. She also got a side of cole slaw and said that it was pretty good.

We topped it off with some cobbler, nothing to write home about.

Burnet County BBQ is reopened under new management.
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

bigwheel
Outlaw

Postby bigwheel » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:03 am

Pecuiliar looking smoke ring on that meat. Maybe they had a little TQ in the rub or something. If they were cutting with the grain as opposed to across it maybe thats whut done it. Think if I was close to Burnet and hongry for bbq I would just hop on over to Llano. Heard Cooper's was the 2nd best bbq joint in Llano...and Cooper's supposed the best there is.

bigwheel
adolpho USER_AVATAR
adolpho
Pilgrim

Postby adolpho » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Those pieces look like they came from the point or, rather, where the flat and point meet. Some people just keep slicing in the same direction not realizing the grain changes. The darkness of the bark makes me think it's full of flavor. I've experienced that if brisket is real tender, it's not too chewy when cut with the grain, but I still prefer it sliced correctly. Joe, you may have had a very tender brisket. I don't get up to Burnet often, but I'll give it a try next time around.
To smoke, or not to smoke? THERE IS NO QUESTION!
dahorns USER_AVATAR
DaHorns
Bandolero

Postby DaHorns » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Sorry to say it looks like these guys went out of business...... :cry:
Yellow Dog BBQ Team

Gator Predator

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”