Bishop's Brisket House, Palestine TX

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Bishop's Brisket House, Palestine TX

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 am

Haven't been here in a while due to some health issues with the Wiffy and I but I thought I'd at least stop in and say Howdy and I hope all is well with everyone.

I also wanted to let Y'all know about a "Q" place that we found yesterday in Palestine, Texas. Among all the Joints that I have eaten at in Texas, this one ranks right up there at the top and we will be frequenting their establishment a bunch in the future.

Here is their website http://www.bishopsbriskethouse.com/reviews.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

P.S. they also have open mic music jamms on Friday nights starting around 5:30pm at the covered pavilion area next to the dining room, so all you pickers, singers and hand clappers feel free to bring your instrument, voice or just your applause and join them on Fridays.
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
gator USER_AVATAR
Gator
Sheriff

Re: Bishop's Brisket House in Palestine

Postby Gator » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 am

Any place with Field Peas on the menu has my vote. Thanks, i will try this one.

:)
Gator

"I won't tolerate rude behavior" - Woodrow F Call
oldusedparts USER_AVATAR
OldUsedParts
Deputy

Postby OldUsedParts » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:56 am

Their steam table is full of home cooked and side orders and it's hard to leave tummy room or plate room if you like your sides like I do. They surprised me with a taste sample of the lady owner's (Lillie/Lori? cant' remember) own invention of fried cabbage and I will pig out on that next time too. At a glance, it looks like fried eggplant but much much better and if you like pie then be sure and save room - - - yum yum :cheers:
I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country—Victory or Death. William Barret Travis - Lt. Col. comdt "The Alamo"
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Parts! Good to see you. Hope the health stuff has fixed itself and the family is good.

BTW, in one of those strange life coincidences, my cook podner's sister, from a completely different town, married the guy who lived in our house in Midway, Texas before we bought it back in the day. Now, I understand that Midway evidently has a pretty big IBCA state championship cook in October (it better be big, I think the entry last year was $200 for the GC! But they did have $5000 guaranteed prize money). Since it was just down the road from you, thought I would mention it. My cook buddy and his B-I-L are after me to go do this one. Be well.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
chilefarmer USER_AVATAR
ChileFarmer
Forum Star

Postby ChileFarmer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Glad to see you back, hope things are getting better for you and your family.
Thanks for the review, I will be checking it out, maybe this week end. CF :D
OK, get over it, you lost. God bless America

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee175/ChileFarmer" target="_blank
Lots of Sub folders to.

http://curingandsmoking.blogspot.com/" target="_blank

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”