Dallas Morning Snooze "best" Barbecue Joints (?)

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Dallas Morning Snooze "best" Barbecue Joints (?)

Postby Boots » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Article in the Morning Snooze today on what their "food critic" thinks are the best joints around here, try not to have a heart attack reading it. Always considered myself a "food fan" rather than a"food critic", does that imply the critic hates the plate? Curious. Newspaper people always strike me as fairly lazy people who have found a way to make a living involving little actual work....take Randy Galloway as an example, who I honestly like. But I've met him several times at Lone Star and I know he is "working" at the time but darned if I can see any effort or sweat being expended. Gives me an idea, mebbe I can "retire" one day but keep working as a barbecue "critic" for one of the major papers, if you guys give me a reference. Might take a while, but I bet I could train myself to be as lazy as the next guy, with the proper coaching, so I could qualify. Mebbe I could sign up with Redneck or CowboyDon for a class and they could help me with it.

BTW, CowboyDon, you know Meschack's?

http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment ... arland.ece" target="_blank

http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainment ... -spots.ece
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Re: Dallas Morning Snooze "best" Barbecue Joints (?)

Postby cowboydon » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:09 pm

Yeah I am intimately familar with Meschack's - They were listed as #5 is the 2010 Texas Monthly BBQ joints, so I stopped by directly after leaving the dealership with the nicest Truck I have ever owned, drove 5 miles to Meschack's and order a rib plate, they asked If I wanted sauce, I said sure on the side please. Well the guy cutting meat dump the sauce on the ribs and I unknowingly spilled Meschack's BBQ sauce all over my brand new truck seats with only 5 miles use, I cant bring myself to go back to that shack again, they seem to get noticed on accasion but I dont think their q is worth the drive from my house and thats only a mile or two away. I have been looking at those stains for 30,000 miles and after several attempts of professionals to get rid of them they seem to be getting worse.
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:08 pm

That's terrible they outta pay ya for a new tuck and roll
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:04 am

When you see Meschaks you will understand the folly of them paying any customer for their error.

I sat one day & watched in amazement as the person working the window crammed my $20.00 + order on the extreme edge of an already scribble filled order pad. Pretty sure there was enough profit in my order to allow them to turn the page.

A look at the working end revealed brisket being cut up & hacked at with a 4-5" bladed knife. just puzzling?

They love to sauce everything despite what you say when you order. Perhaps there is no room on the pad?

I stop more for novelty than thinking I am getting any kind of superior product.
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:44 am

Heck I agree I dont think there is enough profit margin for them to pay out for anything, I would even donate my seat money if they would get a parking area that did not destroy the alignment of your vehicle, Ivan Stewart would be the only person I know of who would think the parking field they have was cool.
Low Budget and Low Quality Chow, but not cheap!!
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
Damon54
Cowboy

Postby Damon54 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:51 pm

With all those odd & one way streets it's a chess match just to get to the baja parking lot!

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”