Coopers BBQ, Ft. Worth TX

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

commander USER_AVATAR
Commander
Pilgrim

Re: Coopers countdown

Postby Commander » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:19 am

I was telling my cousin how great this place was and low and behold we got there a little late one night and they were out of the beef ribs so I ordered the pork ribs and a pork chop and it was the most greasy mess I tried to eat. The paper they serve it on was just full of grease the were full of fat and the pork chop was dry and too much rub... I'll not be going back again, this is a poor excuse for Texas BBQ :dangry:
One Weber Genesis Silver, One Weber 22-1/2" Kettle, one Weber 18-1/2" WSM, One Long Horn Offset, One Bradley Smoker, And One Large Big Green Egg....And Now a Orange Thermapen!
bludawg USER_AVATAR
BluDawg
Chuck Wagon

Postby BluDawg » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:55 pm

I can only attest to the ones in Junction & Llano and they have never been a disappointment.
Never met a cow I didn't like with a little salt and pepper.
My Blog: Http://acountryboyeats.blogspot.com
Old Country Over/Under
Webber 22" Performer
ECB
Mean Gruene
Pilgrim

Postby Mean Gruene » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 am

Can only testify about the one here in New Braunfels... Not a fan. Given a choice between the two, Id rather go to Rudy's down the street.
eltex USER_AVATAR
eltex
Rustler

Postby eltex » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Commander wrote:I was telling my cousin how great this place was and low and behold we got there a little late one night and they were out of the beef ribs so I ordered the pork ribs and a pork chop and it was the most greasy mess I tried to eat. The paper they serve it on was just full of grease the were full of fat and the pork chop was dry and too much rub... I'll not be going back again, this is a poor excuse for Texas BBQ :dangry:

That is a huge problem for BBQ joints, especially those that are open for so many hours. It is VERY hard to keep food fresh and done for all hours. We have come to expect a very high quality from these places. That is partially why Franklins and JMMC hit it out of the park so often. They are only open for 2-3 hours, and sometimes less when they run out of food early. That is a pretty easy and consistent target to hit. I usually won't bother to go to a BBQ joint for dinner. The chances are too high the food will be overdone and soggy.
rambo USER_AVATAR
Rambo
Deputy

Postby Rambo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm

BluDawg wrote:I can only attest to the ones in Junction & Llano and they have never been a disappointment.

BD - Agree but my favorite cooper's is the smallest one, in Mason, right beside the grocery store.

In Junction(we hunt there) I actually prefer Lum's.

Give those 2 a try. Also, try Inmans, across the street from Coopers in Llano for Turkey Sausage, breads, and pies. Fantastic!
ndn98 USER_AVATAR
NDN98
Pilgrim

Re: Coopers BBQ, Ft. Worth TX

Postby NDN98 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:32 pm

I have eaten at the one in FW a couple of times and I didn't like it as much as the one in Llano.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”