Killens BBQ, Pearland TX

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

texas bbq syndicate USER_AVATAR
Texas BBQ Syndicate
Wrangler

Killens BBQ, Pearland TX

Postby Texas BBQ Syndicate » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Finally went by and tried it last Sunday the 21st. The line wasn't too long, but it rained in the AM and I did go about 2pm. They had already sold out of potato salad (disappointment), and they sold out of pork ribs as I stood in line. Also out of chicken.
So I did have the brisket, beef ribs, and a pulled pork sandwich.
The beef ribs were awesome, I had a 1/2 lb and that was 2 ribs. Wouldn't hesitate to order them again. The brisket was very good, juicy moist and tender. I mostly got meat from the flat, which can be leaner (drier), but it was a very good sampling. Maybe just a little bit salty but way above average for whats close by in metro Houston. The Pulled pork was great, They had a choice of 3 sauces, tangy, sweet, and coffee. Me and my wife liked the sweet, I liked the coffee but she did not. and neither of us liked the tangy. To each their own, good BBQ usually doesn't need sauce but we tried it on the pulled pork.
They are only open on Saturdays and Sundays from 11AM till sold out. Right now they are selling under a tent in the parking lot, while the future home is being renovated.
I thought the prices were fair and reasonable. I will pay for good Que, bad Que is overpriced all the time.
I will be back but I will get up earlier next time. Glad to see some good Que coming to the neighborhood.
Pitmaker Safe
Pitmaker Grillmiester
Pitmaker Long Sniper
Hasty Bake Legacy
clweed
Pilgrim

Re: Killens BBQ Pearland Texas

Postby clweed » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:06 am

Did they close the Steakhouse or is the BBQ at a different location?
texas bbq syndicate USER_AVATAR
Texas BBQ Syndicate
Wrangler

Re: Killens BBQ, Pearland TX

Postby Texas BBQ Syndicate » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:39 pm

The Steak house is still open Moday through Friday. The New BBQ place is up on 518 across the street from Dairy Queen.
Pitmaker Safe
Pitmaker Grillmiester
Pitmaker Long Sniper
Hasty Bake Legacy
ndn98 USER_AVATAR
NDN98
Pilgrim

Re: Killens BBQ, Pearland TX

Postby NDN98 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:30 pm

I need to try it my next trip to the Houston area. Have a buddy that went there a couple of weeks ago and he said it was the best that he has ever had in the Houston area.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”