Freedman's Review

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Freedman's Review

Postby Boots » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 am

We interrupt your regularly scheduled broadcast for this newflash, provided by a good friend in Austin who I will call "Ghost of Stevie". The Ghost is an excellent guy and well regarded barrister, which is the term you use if you're a lawyer and somebody asks you what you do for a living in a bar, and you don't want the rowdy bar patrons to force you onto the bar at gun point to do the "big shoe dance" for being a lawyer:

"I went to Freedmen’s this weekend. I had beef ribs, brisket, German potato salad, and roasted beets with goat cheese (I know, that last item is not standard BBQ, but "Ms. Stevie" ordered that one). I have to say, both the rib and the brisket were excellent. Both had great flavor, with just the right amount of smoke. The brisket was fork tender without being mushy. The rib was very tender and must have weighed 4 pounds. I have attached a couple of pictures for reference.

It is an odd set-up, however, as it is billed as a cocktail bar with craft foods (here is the website http://www.freedmensbar.com). It is not open for lunch, but only for dinner. If you get down this way, we definitely need to go there. They also had some decent single barrel bourbons on the drinks list."
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
fr8 train USER_AVATAR
FR8 Train
Bandolero

Re: Freedman's Review

Postby FR8 Train » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks for the review, that is some kind of beef rib.
"Sic 'em Bears"
papa tom USER_AVATAR
Papa Tom
Deputy

Re: Freedman's Review

Postby Papa Tom » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:44 pm

I want some....
tarde venientibus ossa....

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”