Tejas Brew Pub and Smokehouse in Corpus Christi

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

datsbbq USER_AVATAR
DATsBBQ
Deputy

Tejas Brew Pub and Smokehouse in Corpus Christi

Postby DATsBBQ » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Last Wednesday went on a little road trip. Got in Corpus about 3PM and after checking in to the hotel went looking for a place to eat. Criteria, must be local and not a chain/franchise. Louie's Backyard had be recommended to us but they weren't open yet. Then we came across the Tejas Brew Pub and Smokehouse.

While they didn't have the full menu available what was offered up was more than enough. The Mrs has a Pulled Pork Sammy with Carolina Style sauce on the side. I had a 1/2 slab of St. Louis cut Ribs and 1/2 link of sausage. Both plates came with Charro Beans (pintos w/ fresh cilantro). We both chose the slaw as our side.

They even gave her a small sample off PP prior to ordering as she doesn't like grizzle in her PP. The Mrs was very happy with her Sandwich. It was truly pulled as opposed to chopped. She commented that it was as good as my PP :evil:

The ribs came un-sauced, just the way I like 'em. They had good smoke flavor and required just a slight tug to get them off the bone. About as good as it gets. They didn't pull the membrane off prior to smoking. Its a small thing I know, but I got to ding them on something. :roll: The sausage was made in house with pork/beef/jalapenos. Fine grind and it had a nice jalapeno bite to it.

Washed it down with a sampler kit of their brews and after that a glass of their Taxi Dog Amber Ale. Good stuff.

The waitress was knowledgeable and friendly. I'd recommend this place to anyone. Try it next time you're on South Padre.
Deputy Dave

“A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."-Bruce Lee

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”