Top 3 in the State of Texas

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

All_Grilla_No_Filla
Cowboy

Re: Top 3 in the State of Texas

Postby All_Grilla_No_Filla » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:15 pm

Boots wrote:
All_Grilla_No_Filla wrote:Boots covered probably the best. Not sure in which area you'll be, but if you're up north of Dallas in our area, I'm really liking what Hutchins is doing with their brisket and ribs. Pecan Lodge has some great beef ribs (everything was really good, but this to me was something that not everyone has, and it was great). Black's was my favorite place in Lockhart for beef ribs (maybe one of my favorites ever) and brisket. Aaron Franklin's place is a religious experience where brisket is concerned, and their ribs are really great as well. City Market in Luling was one of our favorite 'old school' places. All the food was great, but their brisket and sausage were realllly good. Ribs pretty tasty, too. The walls are yellowed from years of pit seasoning inside, discoloring even the wood paneling...lol.

I dunno, there a a ton of places in Texas that are world-renowned for their barbecue. These were some of my favorites. Bon appetit! Take some pics and share :-)

I DID forget Hutchins, and in my hometown too, somebody get out the hickory switch.

LOL, could that be because it wasn't a couple of years ago that it was pretty forgettable? :mrgreen:
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:49 pm

This dates me, last time I was there was back when there was one in Frisco over on 720, probably 10+ years ago. That one was running neck and neck with Dickies at the time. But I am eager to try the new one, I hear so many good things...
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."
cowboydon USER_AVATAR
cowboydon
Retired Lawman

Postby cowboydon » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:57 pm

I thought some local guys were putting together a get together at Hutchins, somebody knew the owner or some such. Heading to downtown McKinney tomorrow for some photography and may stop by there afterwards :)
CowboyDon
Garland, Texas :texas:
Check out my BBQ @
https://www.instagram.com/alltherealbbq/
alltherealbbq
boots USER_AVATAR
Boots
Wordsmith

Postby Boots » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:02 pm

I would've been able but have to be in Roanoke all day tomorrow dern it.
BE WELL, BUT NOT DONE
Hank: "Do you know how to jumpstart a man's heart with a downed power line?"
Bobby: "No."
Hank: "Well, there's really no wrong way to do it."

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”