Pecan Lodge - Deep Ellum

Rate the joints and share your experiences, pictures encouraged

Moderator: TBBQF Deputies

bsooner75 USER_AVATAR
bsooner75
High Plains Smoker

Re: Pecan Lodge - Deep Ellum

Postby bsooner75 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:52 pm

Outlaw - if you have the time you should give PL a shot. I'm a Hutchins fan as well but they are different. Plenty of room for good bbq joints. I'll try them all [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter handle @bsooner75
outlawninja USER_AVATAR
OutlawNinja
Wrangler

Postby OutlawNinja » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:44 pm

for sure i will then!
Outlaw Ninja BBQ
#outlawninjabbq (instagram) NinjaChef1
http://www.facebook.com/OutlawNinjaBBQ
sparctek
Wrangler

Postby sparctek » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:53 am

Well, my wife and I finally made it to Pecan Lodge last Friday. We had been wanting to eat there for a long time and were excited to finally get there. We were 8th in line at 10:45 and took about 15 minutes to order. We waited about 10 minutes to get our food once the order was in. We wanted to try several things so we ordered combo plates with brisket and spare ribs, and added burnt ends and a beef rib.

The brisket was tender and moist and looked fantastic. Sadly the first bite was not as pleasant. The only thing we both tasted was bitter smoke. I wasn't going to bring it up but my wife immediately said it was bitter. it was the same for the spares and burnt ends. The beef rib did not have the same bitter smoke flavor and it was delicious. We both burped smoke for the rest of the day. :(

I didn't take pictures as it was my first day off in a very long time so I left the phone at home.

Needless to say we were disappointed after waiting for so long to make it there. Not sure we will be going back.

Return to “BBQ Joints - Reviews & Discussion”